News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Favorite You tube Channel

Started by doglover44, December 03, 2017, 11:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doglover44

What is your favorite road geek you tube channel ? I am a fan of BigRigTravels.

Max Rockatansky

Arizona Desert Dog since he features a lot of scenic western highways and derelict mountain/desert roads that I used to frequent. 

doglover44

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 03, 2017, 11:53:37 PM
Arizona Desert Dog since he features a lot of scenic western highways and derelict mountain/desert roads that I used to frequent.

Have to check it out sounds good

Hurricane Rex

Easily Freewayjim. He does a yearly road trip from his home in Atlanta and has posted from most areas of the country.  3 of the last 5 trips he went out west.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

index

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 04, 2017, 01:51:15 AM
Easily Freewayjim. He does a yearly road trip from his home in Atlanta and has posted from most areas of the country.  3 of the last 5 trips he went out west.

Easily him for me as well. I get bored while I'm doing work, tell myself I'll only watch one video, then I get carried away. A few of the songs I listen to have also come from his videos.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Henry

Quote from: index on December 04, 2017, 09:48:42 AM

Easily him for me as well. I get bored while I'm doing work, tell myself I'll only watch one video, then I get carried away. A few of the songs I listen to have also come from his videos.
I agree, Freewayjim is the best, although I also enjoy Bryant5493's videos as well.

Quote from: doglover44 on December 04, 2017, 12:29:36 AM

Have to check it out sounds good
I'd like to see that channel when I get the chance!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: doglover44 on December 03, 2017, 11:48:21 PM
What is your favorite road geek you tube channel ? I am a fan of BigRigTravels.

Check. I once was about to ask something I saw around Raleigh... but that was when the forum was down back in June.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

AsphaltPlanet

Freewayjim's stuff is easily the best, but eluko79 videos are some of my favourite as well.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

vdeane

I think it's safe to say that FreewayJim has set the standard for road videos.  I also follow FreewayFranks, AsphaltPlanet, and roadwaywiz.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

xcellntbuy

EuropeanRoads has terrific videos and the music choices are fantastic.

CNGL-Leudimin

European Roads is in this forum as Chris (and ChrisZwolle over at SkyscraperCity), and he has filmed stuff all over Europe. This is what lies just North of me :sombrero::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFGJISBWock

The freeway has since reopened, at the time of filming part of it was closed down due to a rockslide.

This is going Southbound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poFFMH6D8qw
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jasonsk287

I like roadwaywiz and roadwaywizwny. He films his drives mostly along the East Coast and in Eastern Canada. No music and it's in real time.

1995hoo

It's not really a roadgeek channel, but he has some traffic- and road-related videos that are almost always entertaining: tvman1981 (Stanley Roberts of San Francisco's KRON-4, who does a segment called "People Behaving Badly").
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

WillWeaverRVA

I've been following Freewayjim's channel for years now. Always enjoyable.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Great Lakes Roads

I am a big fan of FreewayJim's road videos!! I even had downloaded some songs that he used in his road videos!!

I also watch Roadwaywiz's road videos because I like seeing everything in real time...

pumpkineater2

Same here, some of the music I listen to now, I wouldn't have discovered if it wasn't for Freewayjim. I'm a member of his facebook group, (though I suspect that many of the people here are too).
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

CNGL-Leudimin

I recently watched Big Rig Steve as he traveled on I-80 through Southeast Wyoming. I saw most of the way from Laramie to the Nebraska border, and I got to see the I-25 interchange and the exit to the infamous I-180 three miles later live (despite the 8 hour difference).

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on December 04, 2017, 04:01:15 PM
takemytripdotcom

Man, am I the only one with love for this guy?  I figured surely some of the western members especially would know his videos.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

adventurernumber1

There are so many great road video YouTube channels. The ones I'm most familiar with and watch the most are Freewayjim, CrossCountryRoads, BigRigTravels, InterstateKyle, socarboy, georgiaroadgeek, Bryant5493, and more. There are many other good channels I may have watched before, but I cannot name them off the top of my head because I am not as familiar with them as of right now.

Quote from: kphoger on January 02, 2018, 03:09:39 PM
Quote from: kphoger on December 04, 2017, 04:01:15 PM
takemytripdotcom

Man, am I the only one with love for this guy?  I figured surely some of the western members especially would know his videos.

Speaking of, I think this is one of those good YouTube channels that I've watched before (may even be subscribed to), but I'm just not that familiar with it yet. I recall this channel having some pretty good road videos, so no, you are not alone - not to worry.  :biggrin:

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

adventurernumber1

Also, I think I have seen roadwaywiz (and may be subscribed to) before as well, and IIRC, that channel has some really good real-time road videos, and I think it reminded me a lot of CrossCountryRoads.

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on December 30, 2017, 08:02:29 PM
I am a big fan of FreewayJim's road videos!! I even had downloaded some songs that he used in his road videos!!

I also watch Roadwaywiz's road videos because I like seeing everything in real time...

Quote from: pumpkineater2 on December 30, 2017, 10:41:49 PM

Same here, some of the music I listen to now, I wouldn't have discovered if it wasn't for Freewayjim. I'm a member of his facebook group, (though I suspect that many of the people here are too).

I, too, have been introduced to so much great music by Freewayjim, ranging from The Allman Brothers Band to Boston to Buffalo Springfield to R.E.M. to Peter, Paul, and Mary, and so much more. Jim always has an excellent music selection in his videos, and it is nice to hear all that while watching a nice drive.

Wow!! That is a channel I am definitely gonna have to check out soon. Thanks for sharing it with us!  :nod:  :hyper:  :spin:

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Roadgeekteen

Freewayjim, he is the only one that films a lot in the northeast.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

CNGL-Leudimin

Definitively Big Rig Steve has gained one follower. In the last days he has been through craIG county and the CONCESSiONS sign site, and he's now on NE 2 :sombrero:.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.