News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Best song about being a touring musician?

Started by abefroman329, May 25, 2018, 01:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best song about being a touring musician?

"The Load Out/Stay" - Jackson Browne
3 (15%)
"Turn the Page" - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
8 (40%)
"Travelin' Band" - CCR
1 (5%)
The wrong answer
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 20

hbelkins

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on July 12, 2018, 03:51:45 PM
Chicago "Together Again"  from Chicago X.

"Scrapbook" off the same album is probably a better example.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

A more modern take on touring by singer-songwriter type. In this case, Patrick Sweany's "Working for You."
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

ce929wax

I enjoy the Metallica version of Turn the Page more than I like the original.  I also enjoy Metallica more than I do Bob Seger, but a couple of his songs are all right.

jakeroot

Quote from: ce929wax on July 17, 2018, 10:22:38 PM
I enjoy the Metallica version of Turn the Page more than I like the original.  I also enjoy Metallica more than I do Bob Seger, but a couple of his songs are all right.

Hey, hey...no one talks shit about Bob Seger.

Metallica is great, though.

abefroman329

Hetfield's growl does add a certain something to it. A few seasons back, one of the White Sox used to use that cover as his walkout music.

You want a Metallica cover that's better than the original, you should listen to their cover of Tuesday's Gone.

ce929wax

Tuesday's Gone is another excellent cover by Metallica.

jon daly

Quote from: abefroman329 on July 18, 2018, 09:30:11 AM

Were those all on one album? Metallica introduced me to "Whiskey in a Jar," but I liked Thin Lizzy's version better.
Hetfield's growl does add a certain something to it. A few seasons back, one of the White Sox used to use that cover as his walkout music.

You want a Metallica cover that's better than the original, you should listen to their cover of Tuesday's Gone.

abefroman329

The Whiskey in the Jar cover was for a movie soundtrack, I don't remember which one.

jon daly

Ah, thanks. BTW, this isn't the easiest forum to quote other posts in. I often stick my response in the middle.

Too, I'm still learning the ropes re when to digress and when not to, best topics to stir up discussion, et cetera. Condiments seem popular. I've seen two threads on them in the two months I've been really active. Department stores are relatively hot. History of gasoline retailing, not so much.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.