News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Glue

Started by bandit957, June 08, 2018, 03:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

I like typing the word 'glue' because it looks cool in print, and the word also sounds pretty cool when spoken.

When I was about 9, I had a piece of paper on the desk for something I was doing, and someone spilled a bottle of Elmer's glue all over them when I wasn't looking. The paper was a total loss.

In 8th grade, someone left the lid off a huge jug of Elmer's glue in science class and it dried out. Also in 8th grade, we used small bottles of Elmer's glue for an art project, and the teacher got really mad and bawled out the class because someone placed one of the bottles upside-down in the tray so it spilled out onto the other bottles.

In each of these stories, glue got wasted.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Brandon

Quote from: bandit957 on June 08, 2018, 03:59:56 PM
In each of these stories, glue got wasted.

I guess the bottles picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

WR of USA

I don't know if anyone else has this perk, but I liked to use some of the Elmer's bottle glue on my hand back in 8th grade art. Then I would let it dry and peel the glue off my skin, leaving my fingerprints on the strips of glue.
Traffic? No problem, enjoy the scenery!

Long live the lovely Sagamore and Bourne bridges and their welcoming traffic bottlenecks for the tourists!

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Beltway

Quote from: bandit957 on June 08, 2018, 03:59:56 PM
I like typing the word 'glue' because it looks cool in print, and the word also sounds pretty cool when spoken.

Gluicide - when you take one shot of Superglue up each nostril, and a line of it across your lips.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Max Rockatansky

Picked up a couple boxes of glue traps to stop a mouse that's been nibbling on my tomato plant.  Last night I put a growing tomato on every other glue trap and caught him within six hours.  If I was in the mood I could have stood above my enemy and gloated.  That mouse evaded the best efforts of my dogs for about a week but in the end was undone by glue (irony).  As I was preparing disposal he starred right into my soul silent and defiant to the very end, the least I could do was oblige with a dignified demise.

On a side note my significant other can't stand mice and threw up when she saw it while watering this morning.  Good times, all possible because of glue.   

abefroman329

It's always the wrong week for bandit957 to quit sniffing glue.

I used to share a house with 3 other guys that had an extensive mouse problem, and the 4 of us loved to debate ethics, and we concluded that snap traps are the most humane method.

jwolfer

Picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue for sure

Z981

webny99

Quote from: abefroman329 on June 08, 2018, 07:26:39 PM
I used to share a house with 3 other guys that had an extensive mouse problem

I found this wording mildly amusing... who had a mouse problem?

abefroman329

Quote from: webny99 on June 08, 2018, 10:52:48 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on June 08, 2018, 07:26:39 PM
I used to share a house with 3 other guys that had an extensive mouse problem

I found this wording mildly amusing... who had a mouse problem?

I know, it was really had to word it in a non-confusing way. The house had a mouse problem that the landlord, who was a complete tool, refused to remunerate.

Later, I had an apartment in a building with a constant rat problem, and found a rat in my trash can one morning. When I told the story at work, one woman asked if it was my pet rat. I'm still insulted that someone mistook me for the sort of person that would keep a pet rat.

davewiecking

The three guys had a mouse problem; the Sausage King had a rat to keep an eye on his mice, or something like that.

("I used to share a house with 3 other guys; it had an extensive mouse problem. The 4 of us...") Punctuation is an awesome concept!

slorydn1

I had a mouse problem-until I switched to newer laser style that is. Now I don't have  to worry about popping that little ball out to remove the build up any more.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

MNHighwayMan

Alanland used to have a glue problem until they banned mice, then the problem went away but the mouse population exploded.

abefroman329

Quote from: davewiecking on June 10, 2018, 12:20:41 AM
The three guys had a mouse problem; the Sausage King had a rat to keep an eye on his mice, or something like that.

("I used to share a house with 3 other guys; it had an extensive mouse problem. The 4 of us...") Punctuation is an awesome concept!

Not being a pedantic ass is an awesome concept, too.

PHLBOS

GPS does NOT equal GOD

abefroman329

Quote from: PHLBOS on June 12, 2018, 11:53:34 AM

Ever seen the director's cut of The Blues Brothers?  They included a scene where Elwood quits his job at the factory where they make that glue, and he steals a few cans on his way out!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.