Videos of the newly opened tunnels on Riverside Drive in Tulsa

Started by bugo, October 11, 2018, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I took these videos earlier today on Thursday, October 11, 2018. The first video is of me driving through the tunnels heading northbound. I started recording this video well south of the tunnels to give the viewer an idea of how the approaches to the tunnel look. The second video is of me driving south through the tunnels. It is a much shorter video and the one to view if you just want to see the tunnel quickly. This stretch of road and the $450 million Gathering Place park have drastically changed the appearance in this area since Riverside was closed for 3 years. The park is deceivingly big on the inside, and it would be easy to get lost there. Tulsa should be grateful to George Kaiser for gifting his hometown a unique world class park.

kevinb1994

Thanks for the videos! Now this would be a good fit for a Tulsa road meet.

bugo

Traffic on Riverside hasn't been bad except for one day when I was on it at 5:30 pm. It is nearly dead after midnight. I haven't had any parking problems.

Nexus 5X

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.