News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What is the highest classification of road beside which you have urinated?

Started by agentsteel53, July 19, 2011, 11:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 23, 2018, 06:12:24 PM
Quote from: kphoger on November 23, 2018, 09:02:14 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on November 22, 2018, 03:37:24 PM
A friend of a friend used to kneel in front of cars like he was checking the tire and then urinate into the gutter, does that count as urinating in the street?

Ask a cop, and you'll know the answer.
Public urination is public urination regardless of where the urine lands.

Touché.

(That 'friend of a friend' isn't you, now, is it?  ;)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on November 23, 2018, 06:45:28 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on November 23, 2018, 06:12:24 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on November 22, 2018, 03:37:24 PM
A friend of a friend used to kneel in front of cars like he was checking the tire and then urinate into the gutter, does that count as urinating in the street?

Ask a cop, and you'll know the answer.
Public urination is public urination regardless of where the urine lands.

Touché.

Haha, no. Frankly, I'm not sure how he did it without urinating on himself. And I've met him and asked him how he did it, and I still don't understand.

webny99

Touché.

I see that opening, and not closing, a parenthetical has become a thing around here. Still wondering what happened to your original one in the now-locked OT thread.

skluth

I hitchhiked around the country during the summer of '78. I'm sure I've peed (and then some) next to several interstates. I did not keep a running tally.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on November 23, 2018, 07:49:22 PM
Touché.

I see that opening, and not closing, a parenthetical has become a thing around here. Still wondering what happened to your original one in the now-locked OT thread.

Well, what the...

In the first instance, back on the now-locked thread, it was the result of editing my post and not removing a couple of words from the first draft–one of which had an left parenthesis by it.

But now it's just getting silly.  Maybe it's because I typed the emoji rather than picking it from up above, and in doing so my brain registered the last keystroke as my closing parenthesis.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: skluth on November 23, 2018, 10:53:37 PM
I hitchhiked around the country during the summer of '78. I'm sure I've peed (and then some) next to several interstates. I did not keep a running tally.

When I used to hitchhike (roughly 2002 to 2008), I tried to reduce my chances of being approached by the police, not increase it.
Male pronouns, please.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on November 24, 2018, 03:55:56 PM

When I used to hitchhike (roughly 2002 to 2008), I tried to reduce my chances of being approached by the police, not increase it.
Wow, that seems really recent to be hitchhiking. I'm pretty sure I can count the number of hitchhikers I've seen in my entire lifetime on one hand.

hotdogPi

Touché.

I closed it a few posts later.

However, in this thread, the ending parenthesis exists. It forms part of an emoticon.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on November 24, 2018, 03:54:33 PM
Touché.
Well, what the...
In the first instance, back on the now-locked thread, it was the result of editing my post and not removing a couple of words from the first draft–one of which had an left parenthesis by it.
But now it's just getting silly.  Maybe it's because I typed the emoji rather than picking it from up above, and in doing so my brain registered the last keystroke as my closing parenthesis.

I figured! It was good for a laugh though. And sheer coincidence, as 1 mentions, that there actually was an ending parenthesis, which got turned into and emoji when you posted.

However, a ; followed by a ) - just like that, not as an emoji - would have also implied an incomplete thought. So you can't win! (;)

1995hoo

Quote from: SectorZ on November 19, 2018, 06:01:25 PM
What about urinated on, not beside?

Does this also win as the most male-centric post on this site?

The latter sentence makes me speculate on whether we might have any formerly male transsexual posters who may have experience from their former lives.... ahhh, you know what, I don't know if I care to know such things.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 24, 2018, 07:09:15 PM
Quote from: kphoger on November 24, 2018, 03:55:56 PM

Wow, that seems really recent to be hitchhiking. I'm pretty sure I can count the number of hitchhikers I've seen in my entire lifetime on one hand.

Yeah, hitchhikers are pretty rare to see these days.  I don't see many around these parts, but I used to see more back in Illinois.  I think the last hitchhiker I picked up was sometime last year.  He was at the interchange of I-135 and K-96, right at the merge point of the two, and I knew that was both (a) an unsafe place to be standing and also (b) a good place to get picked up by a cop.  He was headed back home to Seattle from...somewhere, I forget.  I always stop for hitchhikers if I have room in the car, but on long trips I often don't have an extra seat available.

Surprisingly, I did have to share an on-ramp with another hitchhiker back in 2006.  Back in the 1970s, that was probably more common, but it sure surprised me in 2006.  Peotone, IL, southbound on-ramp to I-57.  I was hitchhiking out of Chicago to get married, and I had a big white sign that said "57 / Getting Married", and then I attached a big red cardboard thumb to the end.  I was dressed in khaki slacks, had a smile on my face, looked presentable (as I always aimed for when hitchhiking).  The other guy was dressed all in black, chose to sit down on his pack, and didn't seem too keen on getting a ride.  The protocol in sharing an on-ramp (which he told me, because I didn't know, because it had never come up before) is to move farther down the ramp so the first guy there gets the first pick.  The lady who ended up picking me up crawled past the other guy, then stopped for me instead.  I told her he was there first, and she said she'd rather not because I looked more trustworthy.  I looked back, and the guy looked all ticked off that I was stealing his ride.  Well, bud, first impressions matter.  She did ask to call my fiancée on my cell phone and confirm that I was in fact meeting her for our wedding.

The farthest I ever hitchhiked was from Menominee, MI, to Chicago–through Michigan.  I did that trip in two days, pitching a tent in Paw Paw along the way.  It was one of the few hitchhiking trips I did just for fun.  I took Greyhound up from Chicago to Menominee, slept in a park, and then hitchhiked east and south back to Chicago.  Most other trips were because I needed to get somewhere and didn't own a car, generally no more than 300 miles.
Male pronouns, please.

abefroman329

Yeah, who would've thought the key to successful hitchhiking is not looking like a psycho.

hbelkins

After today, interstate (bypassed/abandoned.) I took a leak on the old PA Turnpike.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Quote from: hbelkins on November 25, 2018, 07:00:50 PM
After today, interstate (bypassed/abandoned.) I took a leak on the old PA Turnpike.

Just because of this thread, right?
Male pronouns, please.

hbelkins

Quote from: kphoger on November 26, 2018, 01:28:35 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 25, 2018, 07:00:50 PM

Just because of this thread, right?

No, actually because of my bladder and the fact that I'm on two diuretics. But this thread did cross my mind while I was in the process.

And by "on," I literally meant "on." I stood in front of the tour van after we had come out of the east end of the Rays Hill Tunnel and while everyone else was back near the tunnel's mouth.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SectorZ

Quote from: kphoger on November 19, 2018, 09:14:53 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on November 19, 2018, 06:01:25 PM
What about urinated on, not beside?

That would win the thread.

But hopefully it wasn't from an overpass.

State route, middle of the night. I do a few overnight bicycle rides in the summer. Plenty of times I don't have to deviate off the roadway. Possible I've done it on a US route, too.

Maybe in 2019 I'll shoot for an overpass...

abefroman329

Quote from: SectorZ on November 26, 2018, 08:30:51 PMMaybe in 2019 I'll shoot for an overpass...
As long as you promise to make damned sure no one or nothing is under the overpass.

skluth

Quote from: kphoger on November 25, 2018, 04:07:41 PM
The protocol in sharing an on-ramp (which he told me, because I didn't know, because it had never come up before) is to move farther down the ramp so the first guy there gets the first pick. 

Technically, that's true. However, it wasn't uncommon back in the 70's for someone further up the ramp to get a ride first. How you look makes a difference. By the end of Summer '78, I looked like an extra from the first Jesus Christ Superstar movie and my gaps between rides were usually longer. Although it can be the reverse too. A lot of longhairs with cars didn't trust someone with short hair hitchhiking because that person might be a narc or something. I personally thought that was paranoid, but those rides were usually from some tripped up stoners.

cl94

I'm reviving this. Interstate 81 at 2 AM. Not my proudest moment.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

MNHighwayMan

I partook in roadside urination exactly once: the north end of MO-139, right where it turns into an Iowa county road at the state line. I pissed against someone's shed/lean-to/whatever you want to call it. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere and I really needed to pee. Then I took pictures of the highway's north terminus.

On the left, you can see the structure I relieved myself upon.

Max Rockatansky

Recently partook in the topic of this thread off CA 162 at Bidwell's Bar Bridge overlooking Lake Oroville, the view was pretty nice. 

abefroman329

Fatherhood probably means I need to indulge my love of peeing outdoors a lot less frequently than I did when I was childless.

dlsterner

About six years ago, on southbound I-81 in southern Virginia.  Traffic came to a complete standstill for three hours due to (found out later) a bad truck accident further down the road.  I at least took advantage of a patch of shrubbery for discretion.  And I wasn't the only one :)

(Later found out that there were no casualties in the accident, but the truck's load (strawberries) spilled all over the road and needed cleanup.)

Also about two years ago in eastern Iceland along the Ring Road (Route 1).  Extremely desolate area, the pull-off was about 200 yards from the road, no sign of civilization as far as I could see.  The gravel parking area looked more appealing than the sketchy porta-potty sitting there.

slorydn1

Ahh, the memories. First time was on the James W Shocknessy Ohio Turnpike somewhere east of Toledo in the early 1970's. Killed 2 Interstates with one stone, err, I mean stream on that one (80/90).

Over the years add I-65, I-24, I-75 for me.

Jr's first time was I-95 southbound somewhere near St Augustine FL, about 3 miles south of the rest area that my son didn't need us to stop at until we were already passing the gore sign while passing a semi. I told him to hold it the next rest area was only about 30 minutes away or so but my wife was having none of it.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

MCRoads

Haven't don it in years, but I have done business next to a multitude of (mostly) interstates, probably I-10, I-40, I-35, and maybe the south section of I-49.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.