News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Fishtrap rest area in Washington

Started by eagle14410, April 09, 2013, 04:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle14410

I noticed on I-90 both east and westbound near milepost 251ish (across from Ames Lake) that there were some guardrails on the sides of the freeway blocking what look like ramps coming off and going back on the freeway.

I decided to look at google maps and it looks like it was graded for a rest area or a weigh station.

Does anyone know what this was supposed to be or have any proposed plans they have found?

TEG24601

From what I can tell, it appears that there used to be a rest area, or one was planned in that area.  However, because Sprague Lake isn't too far away and considering how close Spokane is, along with most states have drastically cut back on weight stations, it was probably considered not needed.  I've been across the country many times on that stretch of road, between 2003 and 2008, and I don't recall there being anything in that location during that period.
They said take a left at the fork in the road.  I didn't think they literally meant a fork, until plain as day, there was a fork sticking out of the road at a junction.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.