News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Robert Street and log points

Started by MNHighwayMan, February 17, 2018, 05:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNHighwayMan

Couple things that are tangentially related:

I noticed that Robert St (unsigned 952A) is still listed in the latest log point. Why is that road still under state maintenance?

And what's the deal with the log point info? From the website, it looks like something that MnDOT is no longer putting out (especially with the last version being from May 2016). :-(

froggie

Robert St is still under state maintenance because the state, county, and local municipalities likely hadn't come to an agreement yet on its turnback.

The impending (current?) reconstruction on Robert St is probably a precursor to turnback.

As for the log point info in general, the below disclaimer on MnDOT's website probably has something to do with it:

Quote from: MnDOTThe Trunk Highway Log Point is NOT to be used any longer for projects going into CHIMES (highway projects starting in FY2018 or later)

Mdcastle

My understanding is that Mn/DOT was unwilling to contribute enough money to the reconstruction to make the local agencies agree to take it, so it will remain a trunk highway.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: froggie on February 18, 2018, 11:03:05 AM
Robert St is still under state maintenance because the state, county, and local municipalities likely hadn't come to an agreement yet on its turnback.

Right, which is how it goes every time. I was wondering if there was something more specific to it than that, which Mdcastle suggests.

Quote from: froggie on February 18, 2018, 11:03:05 AM
As for the log point info in general, the below disclaimer on MnDOT's website probably has something to do with it:

Quote from: MnDOTThe Trunk Highway Log Point is NOT to be used any longer for projects going into CHIMES (highway projects starting in FY2018 or later)

It's precisely that which made me curious in the first place. :-D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.