News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Historic Routing of US-151 in Madison

Started by SEWIGuy, July 01, 2017, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobsini2

Quote from: triplemultiplex on July 22, 2017, 10:50:27 AM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 19, 2017, 04:09:26 PM
Personally, I think if US 151 was going to be moved onto an all-freeway alignment through the Madison area, it would have been done long ago.

Look how long US 41 was kept on city streets in Milwaukee.  There's precedent.

I figure the thru-town part becomes Bus 151.

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on July 21, 2017, 02:41:06 AM
What they really need is a tunnel under Lake Mendota to make it much less of a headache to get from the NW to downtown without having to go in a circle. :D
Quote from: dcharlie on July 21, 2017, 04:08:03 PM
Can we call this the Lake Mendota Hypotenuse? :pan:

From the northwest?  So connecting to the Town of Springfield.  Therefore, it should be a monorail.
:-D

Without getting too much in the realm of fantasy, I had an idea years ago of keeping 151 on it's current location through Madison and designate the freeway/expressway parts of 151 as a northern I-37 that would go between Des Moines and Sheboygan. The local 151 in Madison would get a Bus I-37 on it as well. This way, the thru traffic could follow the interstate and the local traffic could follow what it has known for so long.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Finrod

Quote from: hobsini2 on August 06, 2017, 05:06:26 PM
Without getting too much in the realm of fantasy, I had an idea years ago of keeping 151 on it's current location through Madison and designate the freeway/expressway parts of 151 as a northern I-37 that would go between Des Moines and Sheboygan. The local 151 in Madison would get a Bus I-37 on it as well. This way, the thru traffic could follow the interstate and the local traffic could follow what it has known for so long.

How abut making it Sioux City to Sheboygan and give it an E-W numbering?  I-82, perhaps.
Internet member since 1987.

Hate speech is a nonsense concept; the truth is hate speech to those that hate the truth.

People who use their free speech to try to silence others' free speech are dangerous fools.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: Finrod on August 07, 2017, 11:22:27 PM

How abut making it Sioux City to Sheboygan and give it an E-W numbering?  I-82, perhaps.

Because there is zero reason to expand US-20 to four lanes west of I-35.  In fact west of Waterloo it is largely barren.

NE2

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 09, 2017, 08:29:30 AM

Because there is zero reason to expand US-20 to four lanes west of I-35.  In fact west of Waterloo it is largely barren.
Huh? It's all four lanes from Sioux City to Dubuque, innit?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

SEWIGuy

Quote from: NE2 on August 09, 2017, 01:18:56 PM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 09, 2017, 08:29:30 AM

Huh? It's all four lanes from Sioux City to Dubuque, innit?

Yeah I should have said freeway.  Isn't there some two lane portions remaining between Sioux City and Fort Dodge?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.