News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Arkadelphia bypass

Started by bugo, July 22, 2017, 08:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

http://www.arkansashighways.com/minute_orders/2017/02-10-2017-AdmCir2017-04.pdf

Minute order 2017-025 references an Arkadelphia bypass. The language is fairly vague, but it appears to be a bypass for AR 8. It will run through south of Arkadelphia and 1.4 miles of Pine Street (AR 8-51) between 26th Street and US 67/AR 7 will be widened. When this section of AR 8-51 is finished and the bypass is complete Pine Street between I-30 and US 67/AR 7 will be decommissioned and become a city maintained street. I have no idea where the bypass will begin and end but it will likely tie into I-30 south of the AR 8-26-51 interchange and run east and north to meet AR 7-8 somewhere near the Ouachita River. Whether a new bridge will be built or not is unknown to me.

Has anybody found any maps or plans for this bypass online? All I found were this minute order and a couple of local news stories that mentioned a bypass in fairly vague terms. I found nothing on the AHTD website.

rte66man

Quote from: bugo on July 22, 2017, 08:27:45 AM
http://www.arkansashighways.com/minute_orders/2017/02-10-2017-AdmCir2017-04.pdf

Minute order 2017-025 references an Arkadelphia bypass. The language is fairly vague, but it appears to be a bypass for AR 8. It will run through south of Arkadelphia and 1.4 miles of Pine Street (AR 8-51) between 26th Street and US 67/AR 7 will be widened. When this section of AR 8-51 is finished and the bypass is complete Pine Street between I-30 and US 67/AR 7 will be decommissioned and become a city maintained street. I have no idea where the bypass will begin and end but it will likely tie into I-30 south of the AR 8-26-51 interchange and run east and north to meet AR 7-8 somewhere near the Ouachita River. Whether a new bridge will be built or not is unknown to me.

Has anybody found any maps or plans for this bypass online? All I found were this minute order and a couple of local news stories that mentioned a bypass in fairly vague terms. I found nothing on the AHTD website.

The 2016-2020 STIP lists "Environmental Design and ROW" in 2018 for the Arkadelphia Bypass. 

http://www.arkansashighways.com/stip/2016-2020/STIP%202016-2020%20without%20TABS.pdf

If you click on the .PDF link, there is a map at the end of each district.  I did not see anything that looked as if it might be the bypass.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

Quote from: rte66man on July 24, 2017, 08:41:00 AM
The 2016-2020 STIP lists "Environmental Design and ROW" in 2018 for the Arkadelphia Bypass. 

http://www.arkansashighways.com/stip/2016-2020/STIP%202016-2020%20without%20TABS.pdf

Looks like AHTD has declared jihad on the few trusses left on the state highway system. They can replace perfectly good bridges but they can't build I-49?

Avalanchez71

:wave:
I would say that bridge construction is far more important than I-49 which is already served via US 71.

bugo

I guess you've never driven 71 on a daily basis. I guess you've never lost a friend or a loved one on 71. The fact is that 71 is a dangerous, deadly deathtrap that does a poor job "serving" the corridor. And I assume you've never seen any of these perfectly servicible bridges that AHTD is needlessly replacing.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Considering how "broke" they make themselves out tone, it's very likely!
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

KamKam

Quote from: bugo on July 27, 2017, 09:01:42 AM
I guess you've never driven 71 on a daily basis. I guess you've never lost a friend or a loved one on 71. The fact is that 71 is a dangerous, deadly deathtrap that does a poor job "serving" the corridor. And I assume you've never seen any of these perfectly servicible bridges that AHTD is needlessly replacing.

AGREED!!!!!!! That's why I only use 71 during the day whenever I go to Fayetteville

US71

Not as much now that the semis are mostly gone. But they did replace 3-4 "obsolete" bridges in the last few years.

But below Artist's Point there is a section slowly crumbling and washing away that repair crews throw a little asphalt , but never completely fix. You can feel the pavement shift while driving over it. So much for the promise of "we won't neglect 71 after the freeway opens"
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on August 18, 2017, 09:42:25 AM

Not as much now that the semis are mostly gone. But they did replace 3-4 "obsolete" bridges in the last few years.

But below Artist's Point there is a section slowly crumbling and washing away that repair crews throw a little asphalt , but never completely fix. You can feel the pavement shift while driving over it. So much for the promise of "we won't neglect 71 after the freeway opens"
I got their ass to fix 71 in Sebastian, shall I work my magic for Crawford? I was actually suprised that they fixed it so quickly, I am debating on bringning a few streets to Fort Smith's attention. What are the possibilities of getting them to add dedicated bike lanes??

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on August 22, 2017, 03:43:07 PM

I got their ass to fix 71 in Sebastian, shall I work my magic for Crawford? I was actually suprised that they fixed it so quickly, I am debating on bringning a few streets to Fort Smith's attention. What are the possibilities of getting them to add dedicated bike lanes??

If you can get them motivated to do something, go ahead. I've not had a lot of time to do much as of late
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

robbones

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on August 22, 2017, 03:43:07 PM

If you can, North A and B Streets are in dire need of repairing

LGL64VL

TheArkansasRoadgeek

If you can, North A and B Streets are in dire need of repairing
LGL64VL
[/quote]
I can think of a few that are heavily traveled on more of the east side as well, 6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd maybe even 11th and 10th.
*I'd also consider D St. in need of repair.

*I ride a bike, so my perception of road conditions may be skewed slightly due to my tires, but I ingore most little things. But, when I see pot holes or signs of one, It's clear.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.