News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

About the curse of Rocky Colavito

Started by CNGL-Leudimin, September 21, 2017, 05:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

Soon after the Chicago Cubs where swept by the New York Mets from turning the Back to the Future II prophecy true (actually during that World Series) I stated that no curse where in place over them, and that the curse of the Billy Goat was supposedly broken with the closure of the Alanland thread (which featured a good share of goats). Apparently that worked, as now the Cubs are the defending champions 108 years latter (They are also currently the only Division leaders that are yet to qualify for the post-season). This is why I'm releasing this statement about the Curse of Rocky Colavito which concerns the Cleveland Indians.

While it is true I "invoked" this curse during last year's World Series, I did so because I really wanted the Cubs to end its historic drought. I don't believe in sports curses, and so did Rocky Colavito. He always denied having placed any curse on the Indians, and as such they don't have any, either the supposed Rocky Colavito's or the Cleveland general one (which was already broken by the Cavs). Now the Indians can win the World Series again :sombrero:.

Oh, and I'll be going with the Indians only if they play against Los Angeles Dodgers or any of the as-of-yet unknown NL Wild Cards in the World Series. I won't go with them if they play against the Washington Nationals (which have yet to make it to the World Series, let alone win them) or there is a rematch of last year's World Series (As I'm somehow a Cubs fan).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.