News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Mississippi highway 740

Started by bugo, December 26, 2017, 09:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

There is a short expressway running from I-55 to US 51 south of Senobia. Google Maps labels it as MS 740. It begins just east of I-55 at Shands Bottom Rd east to US 51. The junction with US 51 is a half diamond with a stub end. Where is this highway going to be extended to?

US71

Quote from: bugo on December 26, 2017, 09:25:50 PM
There is a short expressway running from I-55 to US 51 south of Senobia. Google Maps labels it as MS 740. It begins just east of I-55 at Shands Bottom Rd east to US 51. The junction with US 51 is a half diamond with a stub end. Where is this highway going to be extended to?

It's a future MS 4 bypass of Senatobia according to Wikipedia.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

If it's a MS 4 bypass then it's awfully far out of the way.

MS 4 already has a bypass of sorts.

froggie

US71's correct...it was the first segment built of what was planned as a full MS 4 bypass of Senatobia.

The existing "bypass" you refer to is more a truck route than a true bypass.  It was designated when the "MS 740" plans went on hold so as to get trucks out of downtown and the double-turn previously required in the middle of downtown along US 51 in order to stay on MS 4.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.