News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Business Loop 30 in Benton, Arkansas

Started by bugo, January 07, 2018, 09:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

According to this article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_30#Business_routes
there was a BL 30 in Benton. Here is the paragraph in question:

Interstate 30 Business was a business route in Benton, Arkansas. It ran from exits 116-118 on I-30 from approximately 1960 to 1975, concurrently with U.S. Route 70C.

The reference that is shown only points to a state map archive.  It doesn't mention what year. Which is irrelevant, because although US 70C first appears on the 1961 Arkansas official and last appears on the 1974 edition, there is no mention of BL 30, at least on the front of the maps, on any Arkansas official maps. I've never seen any evidence that a BL 30 existed anywhere in Arkansas other than the BL 30 that existed in Little Rock along what is now US 70 along University Avenue and other streets. Somebody told me about a BL 30 in Benton but it was just hearsay.

Does anybody have any evidence that BL 30 ever existed?

US71

Quote from: bugo on January 07, 2018, 09:18:13 AM
According to this article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_30#Business_routes
there was a BL 30 in Benton. Here is the paragraph in question:

Interstate 30 Business was a business route in Benton, Arkansas. It ran from exits 116-118 on I-30 from approximately 1960 to 1975, concurrently with U.S. Route 70C.

The reference that is shown only points to a state map archive.  It doesn't mention what year. Which is irrelevant, because although US 70C first appears on the 1961 Arkansas official and last appears on the 1974 edition, there is no mention of BL 30, at least on the front of the maps, on any Arkansas official maps. I've never seen any evidence that a BL 30 existed anywhere in Arkansas other than the BL 30 that existed in Little Rock along what is now US 70 along University Avenue and other streets. Somebody told me about a BL 30 in Benton but it was just hearsay.

Does anybody have any evidence that BL 30 ever existed?

I have a couple maps that show it in LR, but I've never seen anything in Benton.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

It was shown on the Little Rock inset of the Arkansas official for years. It only showed one marker, along University, and the front of the map didn't mention it.

US71

Quote from: bugo on January 07, 2018, 09:34:18 AM
It was shown on the Little Rock inset of the Arkansas official for years. It only showed one marker, along University, and the front of the map didn't mention it.

Maybe someone at ARDOT knows something?

bugo

Quote from: US71 on January 07, 2018, 09:40:13 AM

They usually don't know anything about anything, so I doubt it.

US71

Quote from: bugo on January 07, 2018, 09:41:28 AM
Quote from: US71 on January 07, 2018, 09:40:13 AM

They usually don't know anything about anything, so I doubt it.

Sometimes, they know just enough you can fill in the gaps. Or go to the Mullins Library at the U of A and go through the old highway commission reports.

Mapmikey

wtd67

It was on the Saline County General Highway Map, 1957 Map issued by the Arkansas State Highway Commision, last revision on it was 3/1/1967.

NE2

This was officially defined as US 70C:

1959-05 3245: (S11C) created along old US 67-70 and Congo Road once construction is done
    1974-01 12: (S11C) mostly deleted; a bit became 88
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

Quote from: wtd67 on January 07, 2018, 08:49:45 PM
It was on the Saline County General Highway Map, 1957 Map issued by the Arkansas State Highway Commision, last revision on it was 3/1/1967.

Thanks. That's the sort of evidence I was looking for.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.