News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What interchange or road type have you never experienced?

Started by Plutonic Panda, February 07, 2018, 11:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrepoiy

Stack Interchange. I may have been on one when I was on vacation in the US, but I probably didn't realize

The only one in Canada is between Highway 400 and Highway 407, but I've never been on the 407 because it's a privately-owned toll road.

Which means, I have never been on a privately-owned expressway.

I have been on an electronic tolling expressway though, it was the FL Turnpike, and we never realized it was electronically tolled until we received a bill from the rental car company.

CtrlAltDel

There's also: Road goes through building. Although, you could argue that this is just a type of tunnel.

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

hotdogPi

Quote from: andrepoiy on February 11, 2018, 10:56:31 PM
I have been on an electronic tolling expressway though, it was the FL Turnpike, and we never realized it was electronically tolled until we received a bill from the rental car company.

The FL Turnpike gives you the option to pay cash while you're going through toll booths. Why didn't you do that?
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

jeffandnicole

Quote from: 1 on February 12, 2018, 05:38:11 AM

The FL Turnpike gives you the option to pay cash while you're going through toll booths. Why didn't you do that?

And did the rental car company bill you, or take the money directly from the credit card?  I think they normally do the latter.

cl94

Hmmm...most of the stuff mentioned actually exists in the Northeast or Midwest. There's even a floating bridge on VT 65. But as far as stuff I haven't been on:

- Ice road
- Road signed with Vienna Convention rules
- Bridge-Tunnel (that will be changing next month)
- Road with no speed limit
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

vdeane

Quote from: 1 on February 12, 2018, 05:38:11 AM

Not all of it.  Yes for the part Google labels "Florida's Turnpike", but the part Google labels "Ronald Reagan Turnpike" has no cash booths.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.