News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2019 Aragon road meet announcement

Started by CNGL-Leudimin, April 01, 2018, 05:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

¡Hola a todos! I've read many road meet threads and I'll like to attend one, but seeing I have no money to cross the pond for the time being I decided to host one. Yes, you have read right, Aragon, Spain (my home region), not Oregon (although I like to call my region like the State), and it's happening sometime in 2019 (exact date not yet decided). It will take place over the course of a week, so we can get to every corner of this forgotten (by the politicians) region in between Madrid and Barcelona. I'll do my best to conduct the meet in English, however any knowledge of Spanish will be appreciated, but the usage of Mexican Spanish will be severely frowned upon as we don't speak that (for example in Spain carro still has and only has its old meaning of "cart", we say coche for "car"). Several highlights of the meet will include, but not limited to:

• New sections of A-21 and A-23 freeways, expected to open within the next year; as well as (hopefully) construction on the A-22 missing link. We'll also see how they do the kmposting on A-23, as one side will be way longer than the other
  • Crossing a national border without having to show a passport (will be done if France doesn't go nuts)
  • Roads surrounding the town of Campo: a Provincial (soon to be 3rd tier regional) highway and a National goat path
  • The stop sign on a National highway in Borja, with an optional visit to the original Ecce Homo
  • A-2 near Calatayud, where a signed "mile" is a kilometer long
  • Roads around the Matarraña area. Spanish crazy numbering system theoretically allows every road in the country to be uniquely numbered, yet somehow a road in the area ended up with the same number as a freeway...
  • The gravity hill along N-420 at Sant Just pass
  • The "fictional" city of Teruel and a totally urban National highway, N-223

We will also try the local cuisine, although if you get homesick I can always take you to a McDonald's or a Domino's (still called Domino's Pizza in Spain), but I don't think it will happen as most parts of Aragon are not that different from what you have out West in terms of landscape.

If there's any interest I'll open a poll on the exact dates shortly, and plan the exact route as we draw closer to this. I'm looking forward to meet you!
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Alps

Although I acknowledge the date, I have been looking toward seeing the Iberisn Peninsula and I would probably actually attend an Aragon meet should you hold one. Take that, 4/1!

Brandon

Likewise, if this is real (as I sincerely hope), I'd love to try to get there.  The question, as always, is $$$.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

corco

Yeah, count me tentatively in if it's in 2019

cl94

Yeah, it's 4/1, but I'd seriously consider a meet in Europe next year if money allows.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

CNGL-Leudimin

Wow, there is more interest than I thought. Even though in Spain the day of jokes is 12/28 I'm well aware of April Fools' day and thus I put this together as a prank. Still it is more likely than the Ilvermorny meet, but first let Alaska happen.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.