I'm thinking of starting a collection in the furture

Started by traffic light guy, April 07, 2018, 10:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traffic light guy

What sites should I go to to get signal parts? And I also want to get a hold of decommissioned signals too. Signal collecting also requires a lot of knowledge on wiring. On ebay, I could only find fake signals, not real name brand manufacturers. I'm looking for old signals (40 years or older). A 4-way would satisfy my needs. Or I can build a crouse-hinds type m doghouse! Something along those lines. Too bad mast-arms aren't sold, since I want to create a fantasy setup using old PennDOT mast-arms.

MNHighwayMan

Just be aware that old, decommissioned signals (the kinds you speak of, that is) are going to be expensive, as in 100s of dollars per signal.

traffic light guy

I'm well aware of that, the older, the more expensive the signal is

MNHighwayMan

It's also not impossible to find old stuff on eBay, you just need to know where to look. Example

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 07, 2018, 11:21:08 AM
It's also not impossible to find old stuff on eBay, you just need to know where to look. Example

The only problem with eBay is that you usually have to be a smart buyer to get a good price.  Swap meets, flea markets, and signage events probably would all yield traffic signal stuff much cheaper given they are usually cash and carry only.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.