News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Casual dining chains rankings

Started by RobbieL2415, April 11, 2018, 12:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abefroman329

Post-weight-loss-surgery, Panera and ABP have been worth their weight in gold since I can get a quick meal there that's easy on my smaller stomach and my wife can find food she likes, too.  Ditto Chipotle, the burrito bowl is always a winner.

1995hoo

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 03, 2018, 04:01:59 PM
I ate at a Fuddrucker's in Delaware in 2015, and it was more or less exactly the same as I'd remembered.

I used to get takeout from a Fuddrucker's in DC pretty frequently up through 2011 or so.  There were two in the city, one closed and became a Shake Shack (which is probably an improvement), and I'm not sure if the other one is still open, although I doubt it.

Very few Fuddrucker's (Fuddruckerses?) in the DC area are still open. The first one I remember was in Annandale in the old Three Chefs space at the triangle of land between Backlick Road, Columbia Pike, and Route 236; it closed several years ago and is now a Walgreens. The one on Duke Street in Alexandria near Gordon Street (a short distance east of Foxchase) closed and is now a medical facility specializing in kidney procedures. I know the one on Route 123 in Fairfax closed, but I don't know what went in there, and I don't know what's replaced the one at 7th & H downtown near Verizon Center because I use 8th Street to walk to and from games due to a much wider sidewalk that's less crowded.

A search using the location finder on Fuddrucker's website shows four locations remaining within 25 miles of my ZIP Code–one sort of near Potomac Mills Mall, one in Brandywine, one in Silver Spring, and one in Rockville. Zooming it out to 50 miles shows two others–one in Ashburn and one in Annapolis.

Quote from: US 89 on May 06, 2018, 11:54:52 PM
I don't think I could go to a Fuddrucker's without accidentally calling it Fuckrudders.

We called it Ruddfuckers.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

abefroman329

Quote from: 1995hoo on May 09, 2018, 09:34:31 AM
I don't know what's replaced the one at 7th & H downtown near Verizon Center because I use 8th Street to walk to and from games due to a much wider sidewalk that's less crowded.

If it's closed, it must have closed very recently, since GSV still shows an operating Fuddruckers.  I could've sworn it had already closed when I moved away in 2013.

1995hoo

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 09, 2018, 10:16:09 AM
I don't know what's replaced the one at 7th & H downtown near Verizon Center because I use 8th Street to walk to and from games due to a much wider sidewalk that's less crowded.

If it's closed, it must have closed very recently, since GSV still shows an operating Fuddruckers.  I could've sworn it had already closed when I moved away in 2013.

The Street View image is from 2017, per the small print (I looked to see if it showed what's there now). While I don't usually pass by that location, every once in a while I do (usually going to or from the Metro station if I park the car in a nearby garage on the morning of a game and then go to work), and I noted on one such trip this winter that Fuddruckers was gone.

abefroman329

Quote from: 1995hoo on May 09, 2018, 10:20:39 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on May 09, 2018, 10:16:09 AM

The Street View image is from 2017, per the small print (I looked to see if it showed what's there now). While I don't usually pass by that location, every once in a while I do (usually going to or from the Metro station if I park the car in a nearby garage on the morning of a game and then go to work), and I noted on one such trip this winter that Fuddruckers was gone.

Ah, I see.

Now I can't remember if the Fuddruckers near 19th and Connecticut is now Shake Shack or Nando's.  I know one went into the old Fuddruckers space and the other went into a former hardware store's space.

1995hoo

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 09, 2018, 10:27:38 AM
Ah, I see.

Now I can't remember if the Fuddruckers near 19th and Connecticut is now Shake Shack or Nando's.  I know one went into the old Fuddruckers space and the other went into a former hardware store's space.

I don't know where the Fuddruckers over there was, but I know Shake Shack is at the corner of 18th, Connecticut, and Jefferson Place. Don't know what used to be in the space.

ftballfan

Quote from: 1995hoo on May 09, 2018, 02:45:31 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on May 09, 2018, 10:27:38 AM
Ah, I see.

I don't know where the Fuddruckers over there was, but I know Shake Shack is at the corner of 18th, Connecticut, and Jefferson Place. Don't know what used to be in the space.

Looking at GSV, Shake Shack is in a former Fuddrucker's while Nando's is in a former hardware store

abefroman329

Ah, thanks, that's what I thought.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.