News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

For Those into 3D Modeling Roads

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, May 05, 2018, 01:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Hey guys!

I found this somewhat questionable tutorial on roads in Blender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QeTlna0PRw

*Cringe/Trigger Warning: The guy uses a guide sign diagrammatic left arrow to indicate a left movement on pavement.

Anyways, I myself have been looking for a more in-depth tutorial on this subject.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

jakeroot

If your focus was just roads, that certainly doesn't seem to be the best program for the job. A CAD application plus a render utility will give you exactly what you want, much faster. As long as you know what you're doing ;-).

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: jakeroot on May 05, 2018, 01:48:55 PM
If your focus was just roads, that certainly doesn't seem to be the best program for the job. A CAD application plus a render utility will give you exactly what you want, much faster. As long as you know what you're doing ;-).
Well, they both deal with geometry, and I believe that you can be just as accurate with your scene with researched material (standard drawings).
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.