News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Cities Skylines: Traffic Simulations and Freeway Designs

Started by Guysdrive780, June 15, 2018, 07:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guysdrive780

I wanted to start a form for anyone who plays the game Cities Skylines and may use it as a Traffic Simulator or to test Freeway Designs. This is a place to share those designs.

Here are some rules:
1. It is ok to talk about the city you have including name. Do not talk about other cities services unless its warranted as apart of highway discussion.
2. You may suggest highway type mods to the forum.
3. You may give challenges by sharing your city files with the group and challenging us to design an interchange for it.
4. You may give suggestions on how to improve design interchanges.
5. You may collaborate
6. Have fun.

I will soon start putting in challenges into the forum in maps that you may download.
I run the DOT Youtube Channel, Part time Worker for TXDOT, College Student studying Civil Engineering (Traffic Engineering). Please Keep in mind, I do not represent TXDOT and all opinions I say are my own and not TXDOT's

Joe The Dragon

I have 1 map that I have been working on and of for some time needs quite a few plugins.

inkyatari

What plugins should one get just for freeway design?
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

rickmastfan67

jakeroot

I designed this large intersection about a year ago with permissive-only phasing. With traffic waiting in the intersection, the flow was still very high due to all the traffic turning during the all-red phase.

https://i.imgur.com/DrSl0Ha.gif

Warning: this is a large image and may take a moment to load

Guysdrive780

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on June 29, 2018, 08:21:54 PM
Quote from: inkyatari on June 29, 2018, 10:37:21 AM
What plugins should one get just for freeway design?

For starters:
Network Extensions 2
Traffic Manager: President Edition
Fine Road Anarchy
I would also suggest for this forum that you should get unlimited outside connections, you never know if I may do something like try and use a bunch of highways at once
I run the DOT Youtube Channel, Part time Worker for TXDOT, College Student studying Civil Engineering (Traffic Engineering). Please Keep in mind, I do not represent TXDOT and all opinions I say are my own and not TXDOT's

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.