We're looking for a cereal ad from 1987 and we'll go mad if we can't find it

Started by bandit957, July 05, 2018, 07:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

For the past couple months now, my comrade has been searching desperately for a TV commercial for cereal that she claims aired in 1987. She says the commersh included a free bubble gum offer, but she doesn't remember what brand of cereal or bubble gum.

The main thing she remembers about the commersh is that it showed a youngster blowing a bubble in slow motion - accompanied by electronic tones that sounded like the old PBS bumper of the '70s and '80s.

YouTube searches have proven fruitless.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

lepidopteran

I thought I remembered there being a pack of Bubble Yum inside boxes of Cheerios, but I can't say for sure.

However, I think Flickr might be a better bet at finding it.  Try looking through this album as a starting point, and maybe some of the cross-referenced cereal-related albums as well.

Mapmikey

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

bandit957

I remember the "monster cereals" having a Super Bubble offer, and having a funny drawing on the back of the box showing Count Chocula, Franken Berry, and Boo Berry blowing bubbles. This was around 1983.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.