News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Favorite Highway Bridges

Started by DesertDog, July 04, 2014, 07:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

I thought that this would make a good first post/topic.  Anyone got some interesting highway bridges they want to show?  Here are some of mine that I took on various recent trips:

Sorry guys had to pull my photos.

SteveG1988

Delaware Memorial Bridge

Ben Franklin Bridge

Tacony Palmyra, i like it because it is multiple types in one

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Alps

Zeffy

I'm not sure if it's on any alignments now, but I believe it was in the past.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

cl94

Probably because I grew up driving over it, but the Thaddeus Kosciusko Bridge on I-87 is my personal favorite. Also love the Brooklyn Bridge and Whitestone Bridge.

(Taken from Wikipedia page on the bridge)
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Bruce

The I-90 floating bridges on Lake Washington are a definite favorite:

I-90 floating bridges by SounderBruce, on Flickr

Henry

A bit of a hometown bias, but I'll say the Chicago Skyway has always been a favorite of mine.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

SSOWorld

most of em are named already -

Golden Gate

Brooklyn

Not naming the bridge, but you'll get the hint here

(SFO) Bay Bridge

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

ET21

Golden Gate

Oakland Bay

Mackinac

Rainbow Bridge (Niagara Falls)
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

AsphaltPlanet

While certainly not signature bridges, I will always have a soft spot for arched highway bridges

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

ghYHZ

Confederation Bridge from New Brunswick to Prince Edward Island — 12.9 km (8 miles)

xcellntbuy

That is some bridge! :clap:

Long before the Confederation Bridge was ever built, it was one of the favorite political promises made by Canadian political leaders in federal elections to build a bridge to Prince Edward Island in order to curry favor with the electorate. :-D

Roadrunner75

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

TEG24601

The Deception Pass (and Canoe Pass) Bridges between Whidbey Island and Fidalgo Island, Washington (including Pass Island).

They said take a left at the fork in the road.  I didn't think they literally meant a fork, until plain as day, there was a fork sticking out of the road at a junction.

jakeroot

CtrlAltDel

A much less famous one, but I really like the new Lake Champlain Bridge.
(Image from NYSDOT)

It looks pretty nice at night, too, but I haven't found a good picture of it.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Fugazi

MillTheRoadgeek

I know this might be overrated...  :| ...but my hometown Woodrow Wilson Bridge for the win.  :clap:

vtk

I'd have to say my favorite is the Brent Spence carrying I-71/75 over the Ohio.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

SteveG1988

The Yeager Bridges get a vote, only problem i have is the fact that they are too close to each other, and that makes them look cluttered

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

jakeroot

Quote from: MillTheRoadgeek on September 24, 2014, 09:19:47 PM
I know this might be overrated...  :| ...but my hometown Woodrow Wilson Bridge for the win.  :clap:

Actually, it looks quite nice! Especially from that angle with the lighting.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: jake on September 25, 2014, 05:04:39 PM
Quote from: MillTheRoadgeek on September 24, 2014, 09:19:47 PM

Actually, it looks quite nice! Especially from that angle with the lighting.

I agree. That's one nice bridge. I love how it's so lighted up as well.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

SteveG1988

My main issue with the Woodrow Wilson bridge is that it's fairly generic while driving on it.
Roads Clinched

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.