News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Virginia State Highways (in development)

Started by Jim, November 06, 2015, 09:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

Found a few more worth mentioning:
US 33: Needs point at Parham Rd (only route missing a point there surprisingly)
VA 33:  Could use point at Laburnum Ave due to directly connecting to I-64 (probably not there due to VA 33 having its own interchange with I-64 not that far west)
VA 171:LawRd point is not centered onto VA 171
VA 412: US460Bus point needs to be recentered onto the roundabout, same for US 460 Business
US 522: Tasker Rd connects US 522 to I-81 at VA 37, I had a debate in my mind over this one but there are no "TO I-81" signs at US 522 according to Street View so it probably does not matter.  If VA 37 is ever extended east to US 522, obviously this would be a moot point.

EDIT: VA 165 at VA 190 (Va Beach): Due to the relocation of this intersection, the points here just need to be moved to the new location.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Mapmikey

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 04, 2016, 08:30:25 PM
Found a few more worth mentioning:
US 33: Needs point at Parham Rd (only route missing a point there surprisingly)
VA 33:  Could use point at Laburnum Ave due to directly connecting to I-64 (probably not there due to VA 33 having its own interchange with I-64 not that far west)
VA 171:LawRd point is not centered onto VA 171
VA 412: US460Bus point needs to be recentered onto the roundabout, same for US 460 Business
US 522: Tasker Rd connects US 522 to I-81 at VA 37, I had a debate in my mind over this one but there are no "TO I-81" signs at US 522 according to Street View so it probably does not matter.  If VA 37 is ever extended east to US 522, obviously this would be a moot point.

I moved the Masonic Ln point on VA 33 over to Laburnum.
For VA 171 I centered the point plus added points at where it goes to Messick Rd (unposted so I'm sure people continue right on to the waterfront) which required a point at Ridge Rd for shaping.
VA 412/US 460 Bus point is inside the circle so I let it be.
I did not do anything with US 522/Tasker Rd based on no TO I-81 postings.
I added Parham Rd to US 33.

From earlier posts I made all the VA 337 changes I had indicated except I did not leave a point at Monticello Ave.  The VA 337 changes required fixes to I-464, US 460, US 460 ALT, US 58 (including new point at US 460 Church St) which I did.  I moved US 460 to Church St to be consistent with how we are treating US route posting changes in Independent Cities within Virginia (required a VA 247 fix).  For US 460 ALT I changed it to the most defensible routing I could.  I did not connect it back to Brambleton/Church even though I think that is where it likely goes because right now there is zero proof of it.

I moved the VA144 Dudley Dr point to Happy Hill Rd.

I made most of the changes to US 1-301 suggested in the thread above as well as those for US 11, US 13, Us 460 Bus Chr, VA 114, VA 199, and VA 314.

Sending everything I have to Jim this evening and that catches me up to all Virginia changes I am aware of (I think)...

Mike

oscar

Quote from: Mapmikey on January 08, 2016, 08:54:26 PMFor US 460 ALT I changed it to the most defensible routing I could.  I did not connect it back to Brambleton/Church even though I think that is where it likely goes because right now there is zero proof of it.

Yeah, US 460 Alt is pretty ridiculous. When I went out to clinch it, I just followed about every conceivable routing through downtown Norfolk. I hope that the one you went with turns out to be one of the routings I followed.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.