New toll bridge in Vancouver closed Wednesday afternoon as ice falls on roadway

Started by cpzilliacus, December 22, 2012, 03:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

TOLLROADSnews: New toll bridge in Vancouver closed Wednesday afternoon as dangerous ice chunks fall on cars

QuoteVancouver's splendid new Port Mann toll bridge had to be closed Wednesday for about four hours with chunks of ice falling to the roadway deck denting the metalwork of cars and shattering a number of windshields. One person was reported knocked unconscious. A few cars were disabled.

QuotePolice closed the bridge when multiple tow trucks and an ambulance was needed. 60 motorists were reported to have filed compensation claims with the state bridge company.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

InterstateNG

I demand an apology.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.