News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-67: TN, KY, IN

Started by mukade, October 25, 2011, 06:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcE_Wolf_287

Quote from: Life in Paradise on March 18, 2020, 12:04:38 PM
Nice work on the map.  I do see the need for the Western Georgia and Florida interstate.  There is way too much traffic up and down I-75, and many travelers would love to avoid the Atlanta Metro.  I do question the route of I-67 through KY and TN.  That would be expensive in Kentucky to do, and you have just dissed the Southern Indiana people who are trying to get that routed near Huntingburg/Jasper.

I-67 is mainly just already built in Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, and Indianapolis, the Kentucky part would be New Built highways. I-67 Between chattanooga and Louisville would be the highest elevation so i do see what you mean. this route would relieve traffic on I-75, and I-65

AcE_Wolf_287

Quote from: Life in Paradise on March 18, 2020, 12:04:38 PM
Nice work on the map.  I do see the need for the Western Georgia and Florida interstate.  There is way too much traffic up and down I-75, and many travelers would love to avoid the Atlanta Metro.  I do question the route of I-67 through KY and TN.  That would be expensive in Kentucky to do, and you have just dissed the Southern Indiana people who are trying to get that routed near Huntingburg/Jasper.

and the I-67 that i proposed would be in grid, Jasper, IN doesn't really warrant a 2d Interstate Highway, they just need a spur route going to it.

royo6022

Those new Evansville routes you've proposed are quite the stretch... I'm not sure if anyone would be up for something like that. A project that big would exceed that of the Lloyd Expwy, where the construction split through the middle of town and took several months of destruction and construction. Ripping more interstates through that town would certainly give it some growth in the very long run, and I do see the need for a full circle bypass eventually, but what you're showing would absolutely take a toll on the community permanently.
2d Interstates traveled: 4, 10, 15, 39, 40, 44, 57, 64, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 74, 75, 76, 78, 79, 80, 81, 88, 90, 94, 95

AcE_Wolf_287

Quote from: royo6022 on March 18, 2020, 06:54:10 PM
Those new Evansville routes you've proposed are quite the stretch... I'm not sure if anyone would be up for something like that. A project that big would exceed that of the Lloyd Expwy, where the construction split through the middle of town and took several months of destruction and construction. Ripping more interstates through that town would certainly give it some growth in the very long run, and I do see the need for a full circle bypass eventually, but what you're showing would absolutely take a toll on the community permanently.

What i do is i try and use existing freeway segments, or i try not to go over any buildings, could you point out where you mean in evansville?

sprjus4

Quote from: AcE_Wolf_287 on March 18, 2020, 07:40:29 PM

What i do is i try and use existing freeway segments, or i try not to go over any buildings, could you point out where you mean in evansville?
Utilizing I-69 and I-64 around the east and north side would be the best way to go to utilize existing freeway. Your plan follows the Lloyd Expwy and surface roads around and on the west side of Evansville.

AcE_Wolf_287

Quote from: sprjus4 on March 18, 2020, 08:36:50 PM
Quote from: AcE_Wolf_287 on March 18, 2020, 07:40:29 PM

Utilizing I-69 and I-64 around the east and north side would be the best way to go to utilize existing freeway. Your plan follows the Lloyd Expwy and surface roads around and on the west side of Evansville.

ok, the lloyd freeway (from above) looks like it could be upgraded with no problems because i dont see any at-grade intersections

seicer

The segment west of Pigeon Creek has 16 at-grade intersections towards the University of Southern Indiana. East of US 41, there are 9 at-grade intersections to I-69, and plenty more to the east of that.

AcE_Wolf_287

Quote from: seicer on March 18, 2020, 09:24:56 PM
The segment west of Pigeon Creek has 16 at-grade intersections towards the University of Southern Indiana. East of US 41, there are 9 at-grade intersections to I-69, and plenty more to the east of that.

its been fixed, the whole map is done!

mgk920

The only north-south route upgrade that I would do that involves the Evansville, IN area is to upgrade the US 41 (IN) corridor to a southward extension of 'I-41', perhaps feeding it into the Chicagoland expressways via IL 394 at its northern end.  In the Evansville area, I would have it diverge from I-69 at that first major curve north of I-64.

Mike

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: mgk920 on March 19, 2020, 03:13:16 AM

The only north-south route upgrade that I would do that involves the Evansville, IN area is to upgrade the US 41 (IN) corridor to a southward extension of 'I-41', perhaps feeding it into the Chicagoland expressways via IL 394 at its northern end.  In the Evansville area, I would have it diverge from I-69 at that first major curve north of I-64.

Mike

I drive US 41 quite a bit on my way to Southern Indiana because I'm tired of all the trucks on I-65.  There just isn't anywhere near enough traffic on US 41/IN 63 between IN 10 and Terre Haute to justify the expense of a freeway upgrade.  If the Illiana never gets built, a new terrain connection between the south end of IL 394 and US 41 near the Lake/Newton border would be sufficient.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

AcE_Wolf_287

Mike

the only place I think I-41 should be extended at is along I-294 to end at I-80

SSR_317

Shouldn't this ENTIRE THREAD be moved to the "Fictional Highways" forum? For now, any discussion of an Interstate 67 in ANY state is mere speculation and/or wishful thinking.

AcE_Wolf_287

Quote from: SSR_317 on March 21, 2020, 04:15:24 PM
Shouldn't this ENTIRE THREAD be moved to the "Fictional Highways" forum? For now, any discussion of an Interstate 67 in ANY state is mere speculation and/or wishful thinking.

depends, if you want to start one for it go right at it

Scott5114

This thread should only be used for discussions of actual I-67 proposals made by government officials or those working with government officials to make it policy. If you want to draw lines on a map to say where you think an I-67 should go, take it to Fictional Highways.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hbelkins

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 25, 2020, 04:31:58 PM
This thread should only be used for discussions of actual I-67 proposals made by government officials or those working with government officials to make it policy. If you want to draw lines on a map to say where you think an I-67 should go, take it to Fictional Highways.

The Owensboro mayor will be glad to know he's not being relegated to fictional territory.  :bigass:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

sparker

Quote from: hbelkins on March 26, 2020, 11:53:18 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on March 25, 2020, 04:31:58 PM

The Owensboro mayor will be glad to know he's not being relegated to fictional territory.  :bigass:

The various occupants of that office have been writing their own fiction for decades!  However, nothing of the quality or import that would earn them a Pulitzer!

silverback1065

Alternative P was selected for the Mid States Corridor in Indiana, looks like it will just parallels existing US 231 and will probably just be a continuation of the divided highway that starts south of 64.

jnewkirk77

Quote from: silverback1065 on April 12, 2022, 08:18:17 AM
Alternative P was selected for the Mid States Corridor in Indiana, looks like it will just parallels existing US 231 and will probably just be a continuation of the divided highway that starts south of 64.

It could also still be a super-2 ... which would probably be sufficient.

Flint1979

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 19, 2020, 08:08:50 AM

Mike

I drive US 41 quite a bit on my way to Southern Indiana because I'm tired of all the trucks on I-65.  There just isn't anywhere near enough traffic on US 41/IN 63 between IN 10 and Terre Haute to justify the expense of a freeway upgrade.  If the Illiana never gets built, a new terrain connection between the south end of IL 394 and US 41 near the Lake/Newton border would be sufficient.
I enjoyed US-41 and IN-63 over I-65. It was a nice drive with not much traffic and I was able to move about 60-65 mph.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.