News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-95 Beach traffic between Delawere to NH

Started by A00234826, May 11, 2014, 10:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avalanchez71

So what would US 1 to US 301 be like for this drive?

hotdogPi

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on June 25, 2014, 02:52:51 PM

That's basically US 1 the whole way. US 1 borders the ocean, but it is slower than I-95 (and even I-95 the whole way is not the fastest). And you will not avoid the tolls, since US 1 multiplexes onto the George Washington Bridge.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

PHLBOS

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on June 25, 2014, 02:52:51 PM
US 301's northern terminus (in Glasgow, DE at the intersection of US 40 & DE 896) is south of the OP's planned route.

US 1 (not to be confused w/DE 1) itself doesn't even touch DE let along go into it.  Heading north, the nearest point one would pick up US 1 from DE would require one to either go into PA (via US 202) or pick it up in central NJ (Exit 9 off I-95/NJTP).

Quote from: 1 on June 25, 2014, 02:56:55 PMThat's basically US 1 the whole way. US 1 borders the ocean, but it is slower than I-95 (and even I-95 the whole way is not the fastest). And you will not avoid the tolls, since US 1 multiplexes onto the George Washington Bridge.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Zeffy

Quote from: PHLBOS on June 27, 2014, 04:10:49 PM
US 1 (not to be confused w/DE 1) itself doesn't even touch DE let along go into it.  Heading north, the nearest point one would pick up US 1 from DE would require one to either go into PA (via US 202) or pick it up in central NJ (Exit 9 off I-95/NJTP).

You don't want to pick up US 1 in central NJ, unless you love badly timed traffic signals of course. Once you're out of the freeway portion in Trenton and north of the I-95 interchange in Lawrence, you'll run into traffic light after traffic light. There's even an intersection with two traffic lights less than 0.25 of a mile from each-other!
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

froggie

QuoteYou don't want to pick up US 1 in central NJ, unless you love badly timed traffic signals of course. Once you're out of the freeway portion in Trenton and north of the I-95 interchange in Lawrence, you'll run into traffic light after traffic light. There's even an intersection with two traffic lights less than 0.25 of a mile from each-other!

They're not that horribly timed.  Outside of rush hour it's not a bad way to head north and shunpike.  Yeah, you may hit a few lights, but I've often made it from 95/295 to well inside North Brunswick Township (NJ 91-ish) in 17 minutes (coincidentally, the length of In-A-Gooda-Da-Vida).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.