News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Funny Signs

Started by haljackey, February 05, 2009, 01:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haljackey

Brandon

^^ That one deserves a "NO SHIT!" sign underneath the triangle.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

BigMattFromTexas

If you're on welfare exit here:

WillWeaverRVA

I'm glad this thread got necro'd, because I have a few more.

Free kids. Someone call the FBI...

No idea why I found this funny. Maybe the fact that SR 666 has something associated with fire on it. IIRC, that isn't a state facility anymore.

Apparently you don't have to know how to spell to work for a strip club.

The last one's a two-parter:

So it's a welcome sign for the A.D. Williams Clinic in Richmond. Big deal. Well...

...I hope you can jump really high!
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

deathtopumpkins

Despite not having a picture of it, I find Isle of Wight County's SR-666 funnier. It's a short connector between VA-10 and the Smithfield meat packing plant!
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

rickmastfan67

Took this last year.....  Shows what can happen if you forget just one letter. :pan: :-D

Scott5114

The Colonel, half-hiding behind the lamppost, appears deranged at the possibility of "NEW VALUE MEN".
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

74/171FAN

This is sort of both an oddity and an error.  Here the sign for SR 616 is pointing towards a field east of VA 156 instead of pointing the right direction west of VA 156(and after a secret multiplex with VA 156 right down the road SR 616 actually does go east of VA 156 with all arrows pointing in the right direction).  I thought VDOT would have fixed it awhile ago being near a high school but it was still like this as of Tuesday.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Scott5114

...why are the stop sign and stop line on the left side of the road?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alps

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 19, 2010, 07:18:53 PM
They're in an island and the stop bar faded.

74/171FAN

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 19, 2010, 07:18:53 PM
There's a small median there below the stop sign.  I just didn't get that in the picture.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

1995hoo

Major thread bump, but since there's already a "Funny Signs" thread, I didn't want to start a new one.

Notice the street sign above the yield sign. It's actually named for a World War II flying ace, Major Richard Bong, but it's quite understandable why anyone would do a double-take when seeing it (as I did–I learned of the name's origin when we were touring the museum and saw his name mentioned).

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Here are some from my cell phone...

Go ahead and whack that toddler!  From Chuck E. Cheese's

"Unloading" . . get it?

Jimmy John's is just full of funny signs.

Apparently this file is corrupted, so I don't have a higher resolution available.  The small sign says "Convertible waitresses".  Gotta love the movie Cars!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Duke87

This one is just best taken out of context:
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Zmapper

One block is in the US, the other block is in Canada:

Alps

Quote from: Zmapper on October 08, 2012, 09:00:48 PM
One block is in the US, the other block is in Canada:

I doubt you.

NE2

You're on Centre Drive. I can tell by the shape of the tree.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Zmapper

Funny you should mention that, NE2. The sign pictured reads Bay Dr!

EDIT: Not exactly a road sign, but the new bicycle lane markings CSU has been installing are rather humorous.

Aerobird

In Biscayne Park, Florida, when they say 'Speed Limit 25', they mean 'Speed Limit 25'...

Rule 37. There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'.

Roadsguy

At least even the italicized text is still Highway Gothic. :P
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

formulanone

Spotted outside Carlsbad, CA:

More sad-rather-than-funny in Ashburn, GA:

algorerhythms

I'm not sure if I want the chocolate soft-serve anymore.  :-D

edit -- didn't even notice the spelling error until now...

Big John

Quote from: algorerhythms on October 02, 2013, 02:40:48 PM
I'm not sure if I want the chocolate soft-serve anymore.  :-D
Not many do as the sign indicates they have only 1 customer.

english si

An anti-sue sign next to a toaster:

"Toaster might be hot! Do not put fingers or objects in the toaster"

I wondered whether I was being warned not to put my bagel in there - it is an object after all.

ilvny

Quote from: V'Ger on April 08, 2009, 05:46:53 AM

I believe the bridge being out is more important than the sharp edges of the sign.  It doesn't even look sharp since the edges are round.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.