News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

UglyBridges.com question

Started by ixnay, August 30, 2017, 10:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ixnay

I notice that UglyBridges.com has a login feature.  If one registers on there, does he/she have access to additional features (such as one does if registered on this forum)?

ixnay
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Registering at Uglybridge/Historicbridge gives one the ability to add data to structures (dates of construction, type of bridge, etc.), post photos of structures.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

jasonh300

Sorry to revive this dead thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for what may be a stupid question.  Is uglybridges.com no longer in existence? I get a 404 when I try to access it.

Max Rockatansky

Seems it, considering bridgehunter barely held on after it's founder died I don't think there is much more of a market for bridge sites. 

Bruce

For those who need the NBI data once provided by these sites, there's a backup from the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper: https://data.tallahassee.com/bridge/washington/53/

tolbs17

The website is broken...

I get "This site can't be reached"...

Alex

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 12, 2021, 09:02:58 PM
Seems it, considering bridgehunter barely held on after it's founder died I don't think there is much more of a market for bridge sites.

Must be a very recent development, as the Historic Bridge Foundation took over maintaining Bridgehunter.com. And it appears they site will remain online for the foreseeable future.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Alex on December 13, 2021, 06:16:20 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 12, 2021, 09:02:58 PM

Must be a very recent development, as the Historic Bridge Foundation took over maintaining Bridgehunter.com. And it appears they site will remain online for the foreseeable future.

That's what I was referring to.  That site got saved because it was by far and away the best bridge site out there.  I can't imagine lesser bridge sites would have something like the Historic Bridge Foundation come to save them. 

route56

AIUI, uglybridges.com was renamed as bridgereports.com and the uglybridges.com domain redirected to the latter. It appears that it is no longer doing so.

A quick whois indicates that the uglybridges.com domain name expires this coming Christmas Eve. I suspect that the new operators of Bridge Reports/Bridge Hunter have decided not to renew uglybridges.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.