News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Cool non road photos on the internet

Started by roadman65, November 16, 2017, 02:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

https://www.flickr.com/photos/5mferron3/37823663542/in/dateposted/

Was just curious if anyone else was interested in non road photos and what interests you.  Post your photos here, and please no women and sexy photos but of nature or it can be someone provided its a modest type of depiction.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: roadman65 on November 16, 2017, 02:15:28 PM

Was just curious if anyone else was interested in non road photos and what interests you.  Post your photos here, and please no women and sexy photos but of nature or it can be someone provided its a modest type of depiction.

So men are OK but women are not?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Brandon

Quote from: kphoger on November 16, 2017, 02:25:26 PM

Sounds sexist to me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman65

Ha Ha.  LOL!  But seriously some guys (especially NE2) would post a sexy image of a woman in Playboy (heck NE2 would post a picture of a person taking a number 2, or post Beavis talking about turd) is what I am getting at.

I am fine with a swimsuit collection, but leave that to another thread as this one is just for cool stuff here.

Sheryl Crowe

1995hoo

Quote from: roadman65 on November 16, 2017, 02:50:12 PM

Ha Ha.  LOL!  But seriously some guys (especially NE2) would post a sexy image of a woman in Playboy (heck NE2 would post a picture of a person taking a number 2, or post Beavis talking about turd) is what I am getting at.

I am fine with a swimsuit collection, but leave that to another thread as this one is just for cool stuff here.

Let's cover both bases you suggest!

:bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

I have a ton of Landscape stuff from National Parks, Monuments, and other outdoor locales on my Flickr page.  I try to keep everything organized into albums on specific subject matters.  Really my favorite landscapes are mountains like the Sierras and deserts.   I used to have a fairly extensive collection of car show pictures but really lost interest in those photos and deleted the bulk of them.  Pretty much anything engineering wise is something I like to photograph, I've been doing a lot of rail stuff these days.  I also have a pretty large ghost town collection from over the years that I still consistently add to.  Places like Bodie, Vulture City, and Oatman I find particularly intriguing and look great into monochrome.

1995hoo

Here's a double rainbow over the far end of our street this past March.

roadman

Suggest we also ban photos of pets.  There are already enough places on the Internet to find cute cat photos.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

roadman65

This is gone far enough.  Yes pets are welcome, I think it is fairly obvious what I meant in the OP.  I just did not want perverted or trivial stuff posted.  Some of the serious Aspies on here will post the former, while the latter is okay but I just wanted it to be about the flickr stuff you see on the home page.

Sheryl Crowe

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

formulanone

Admittedly, I'm a sucker for sunsets and sunrises:

_4LN0456-Ciel de Corsaire by Brestitude, on Flickr

Macrophotography:

Gymnosoma by André De Kesel, on Flickr

Astro-photography and star trails:

Bone Portal by Matt Payne, on Flickr

Storms:

062117 - Dry High Based Nebraska Thunderstorm by Dale Kaminski, on Flickr

Aircraft photos:

'Belated birthday and daylight' by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter) @Kozphotog, on Flickr

...and of course, race cars:

Nelson Piquet JR | Next EV | Formula E Hong Kong by Rupert Procter @blackcygnusphotography, on Flickr

Bruce

While technically carrying a state highway, this isn't a road:

M/V Wenatchee at Colman Dock by SounderBruce, on Flickr

Takumi

Well, this eliminates what I was going to post. I’m not being snarky, I was legitimately going to post the work of a German photographer who does great retro-style pictures of models.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

bandit957

I burst out laughing when I first saw that picture when I was about 10, and it's just as funny now.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hotdogPi

Quote from: bandit957 on November 16, 2017, 05:25:10 PM

I burst out laughing when I first saw that picture when I was about 10, and it's just as funny now.

That's not a photo.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Otto Yamamoto

1995hoo

One of my favorite photos of an aircraft (not my photo, unfortunately):

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

TheHighwayMan3561

A recent photo I took northeast of Duluth. I've been waiting for a thread like this since I know many of us take non-road stuff too.

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on November 19, 2017, 01:00:49 AM
img snipped
I find that this gives me goosebumps.

Why would anyone glue a bunch of rotten Spaghetti-O's to their hand?

Otto Yamamoto

The Tracys at Hank's Saloon in Brooklyn

P00I

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 22, 2017, 03:18:56 AM
A recent photo I took northeast of Duluth. I've been waiting for a thread like this since I know many of us take non-road stuff too.

The western shore of Lake Superior is pretty damn nice on MN 61.  Made a stop by Split Rock Lighthouse this past summer north of Duluth:

0 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

TheHighwayMan3561

Ooh, I love that shot. It's a "stereotypical"  shot for people to shoot Split Rock and I see tons of photos of it weekly, but sometimes I see new takes that jump out. Great work. 

My favorite qualification for a place that's truly close to your heart like North Shore is for me is that every picture you see of the same things brings something new and never gets old.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 23, 2017, 09:26:14 AM
Ooh, I love that shot. It's a "stereotypical"  shot for people to shoot Split Rock and I see tons of photos of it weekly, but sometimes I see new takes that jump out. Great work. 

My favorite qualification for a place that's truly close to your heart like North Shore is for me is that every picture you see of the same things brings something new and never gets old.

Same thing out here for me, I have thousands of photos from major local sites like Yosemite and Sequoia National Park.  I feel like that I keep improving my photos as I go to the areas more and more due to getting to know the terrain:

IMG_3006 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

IMG_7482 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

IMG_7287 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

I really love panoramics of large sweeping areas like the mountains and some sort of long over look.  The Minnesota coast was nice because it had a ton of long deep views like that which I really enjoy.  This is one I took from Split Rock:

IMG_5752 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

^^^

The only issues getting a pano was that the glare was pretty high to the south and I had to basically hang onto a fence to get the picture I wanted.  There is a little warp that I don't like but it was best of about ten attempts.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.