News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

London's Tower Bridge

Started by Dougtone, January 13, 2018, 03:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougtone

I had the opportunity to visit the Tower Bridge over the River Thames in London, England back in 2014 and finally had the opportunity to blog about it and post some pictures of the bridge. You can check it out at:
http://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2018/01/londons-tower-bridge.html

inkyatari

A few years ago, we bought the Lego Tower Bridge set.  $150, I believe.  Awesome set.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

english si

Quote from: inkyatari on January 15, 2018, 09:13:32 AMA few years ago, we bought the Lego Tower Bridge set.  $150, I believe.  Awesome set.
How did the opening work? It's just that Tower Bridge itself has an interesting mechanism that I don't think Lego would do (they'd probably have a simple hinge).

2014 was the last time I went over it too. I found two terrible (so I won't post them) photos of the bridge from north of the Tower, into the low winter sun from the Tuesday before I did that (when I went to see the poppies in the moat briefly, rather than when I went to see them properly on the Saturday).

inkyatari

Quote from: english si on January 15, 2018, 11:08:38 AM
Quote from: inkyatari on January 15, 2018, 09:13:32 AMA few years ago, we bought the Lego Tower Bridge set.  $150, I believe.  Awesome set.
How did the opening work? It's just that Tower Bridge itself has an interesting mechanism that I don't think Lego would do (they'd probably have a simple hinge).

2014 was the last time I went over it too. I found two terrible (so I won't post them) photos of the bridge from north of the Tower, into the low winter sun from the Tuesday before I did that (when I went to see the poppies in the moat briefly, rather than when I went to see them properly on the Saturday).

Just a simple hinge.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

abefroman329

We went on the Tower Bridge Experience in 2005.  All I remember of it was the fact that the dramatization of the construction of the bridge featured the actor who played Hyacinth's husband Richard on Keeping Up Appearances and (I believe) Uther Pendragon in Excalibur.

english si

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 28, 2018, 12:18:40 PMAll I remember of it was the fact that the dramatization of the construction of the bridge featured the actor who played Hyacinth's husband Richard on Keeping Up Appearances and (I believe) Uther Pendragon in Excalibur.
IMDB credits him as Ector (Arthur's adoptive dad) in Excalibur.

abefroman329

Quote from: english si on March 28, 2018, 06:03:48 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on March 28, 2018, 12:18:40 PMAll I remember of it was the fact that the dramatization of the construction of the bridge featured the actor who played Hyacinth's husband Richard on Keeping Up Appearances and (I believe) Uther Pendragon in Excalibur.
IMDB credits him as Ector (Arthur's adoptive dad) in Excalibur.

Ah yes, that's right, thanks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.