News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Sea-Monkeys

Started by bandit957, January 16, 2018, 11:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Anyone remember this scam? Comic books used to advertise these. These were little packets of brine shrimp that were supposed to be really cool, but they were about the size of a speck of dust and didn't live very long.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

abefroman329

Yes.  I also remember the South Park ep where Cartman bought some.

By some miracle, I never fell for any of the scams advertised in comic books.  My dad also talked me out of trying to sell Grit.

inkyatari

Quote from: abefroman329 on January 17, 2018, 09:24:44 AM

By some miracle, I never fell for any of the scams advertised in comic books.  My dad also talked me out of trying to sell Grit.

I found out that Grit is still around!

https://www.grit.com/
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

roadman

The only thing I ever fell for along those lines was when Bazooka Gum offered a camera for $1.98 and twenty wrappers (or something equally absurd).  Apart from taking forever to arrive and being really cheesy when it did, the catch was that it used 127 roll film (like an old Kodak Brownie), which was already out of production by the early 1970s when these cameras were offered.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

abefroman329

Quote from: inkyatari on January 17, 2018, 09:32:35 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on January 17, 2018, 09:24:44 AM

I found out that Grit is still around!

https://www.grit.com/

Apparently Grit wants to save trees.  Then stop making a print version of the magazine!

Doctor Whom

I remember Sea-Monkeys. I don't remember ever not knowing that they were actually brine shrimp. I raised brine shrimp as a kid, but to feed to tropical fish.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.