News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

The Enhanced E Modified thread

Started by jakeroot, March 01, 2018, 03:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Is this sign FHWA Series EE(M)? The letters look like Series E with E(M) spacing to me, but I'm not a font expert.

Scott5114

Sure looks like it to me.

May as well make this its own thread–we don't have a general thread for EE(M) yet.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

PHLBOS

A few early post-button-copy BGS' along I-295 in NJ also used Series E lettering with E(M) spacing as well.

Example of such

IMHO, usage of the Series E letters at E(M) spacing solves the readability issues associated with lower-case Series E(M) lettering; which triggered the creation and interim-usage of the Clearview font.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

DaBigE

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 01, 2018, 10:04:42 AM
IMHO, usage of the Series E letters at E(M) spacing solves the readability issues associated with lower-case Series E(M) lettering; which triggered the creation and interim-usage of the Clearview font.
Totally agree. I think I said something similar at least once in the infamous Clearview thread.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

myosh_tino

Quote from: jakeroot on March 01, 2018, 03:15:15 AM
Is this sign FHWA Series EE(M)? The letters look like Series E with E(M) spacing to me, but I'm not a font expert.

The upper portion of the sign looks like EEM (the exit tab and "Pacific Ave") however the control cities look like regular E-modified.

Here's the an example of what I believe is EEM in California...

Oddly enough, this sign was installed around the year 2000.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.