Older people who've been to PA

Started by traffic light guy, April 02, 2018, 01:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traffic light guy

What kind of traffic signals to you guys remember seeing when growing up. When did you see your first doghouses, what about you first interaction with pedestrian signals. Did signals back then have weird sequences. What about in Philly, what signals do you remember seeing?This is strictly for people who were in Pennsylvania decades ago.

NE2

Back in my day we didnt rely on technological bullshit to tell us when to go.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

US71

Quote from: NE2 on April 02, 2018, 02:19:06 PM

You must be older than dirt.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hotdogPi

Quote from: US71 on April 02, 2018, 02:39:29 PM
Quote from: NE2 on April 02, 2018, 02:19:06 PM

You must be older than dirt.

As you typed that, I'm currently in my Geology for Engineers class, talking about soil.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

jeffandnicole

Quote from: traffic light guy on April 02, 2018, 01:45:59 PM
What kind of traffic signals to you guys remember seeing when growing up. When did you see your first doghouses, what about you first interaction with pedestrian signals. Did signals back then have weird sequences. What about in Philly, what signals do you remember seeing?This is strictly for people who were in Pennsylvania decades ago.

Um, well, I can speak for 30 years ago.  They were red, yellow and green.  Um...the police controlled them after games because that's the majority of the time I was in Philly...Um...can't really say much more than that.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.