News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Oklahoma’s First “superstreet”!

Started by MCRoads, August 26, 2018, 12:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCRoads

As some of you are aware, Lindsey st. was reconstructed near I-35, part of which was introducing U-turn lanes with accommodations to allow doing such possible. What do you think about this? I think there might be other areas that would have been better for such a road, and I think that that the road did not need anything more than a center turn lane, but... oh well.

What do you think about this?
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Bobby5280

I assume you're talking about Lindsey Street in Norman, right?

Lindsey Street was re-built with a brand new SPUI at I-35. The on/off ramps to/from I-35 appear to have U-turn lanes, which could give operation similar to the Texas U-turns built into many Interstate exits with frontage roads in Texas. OTOH, the SPUI one exit North at Main Street was originally built with a separate U-turn lane on the North side of the Main Street bridge over I-35. It would allow SB I-35 traffic to do a U-turn and go back Northbound. That U-turn lane now appears to be physically blocked. I haven't been through the Lindsey Street SPUI personally yet, so I have to wonder if the possible U-turn operation is allowed there.

Farther West on Lindsey Street it does indeed have marked U-turn points in between intersections (between 24th Ave and S Berry Rd). There's a lot of these marked U-turn points. I'm not very keen on the idea. Lindsey is a pretty busy street. It's pretty disruptive to normal traffic flow to allow vehicles to make U-turns along such streets. None of these U-turn points are signaled. Speed limits would need to be pretty slow to make such turns relatively safe. Still, it seems likely some drivers will badly time their U-turn moves and whip right out in front of someone who can't stop in time to avoid t-boning the U-turning vehicle.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.