News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads Page Updates

Started by Alex, January 19, 2009, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Getting back into the swing of things with updates, I added some additional Indiana content last week from tdindy88, which filled in holes for Interstate 70 and added eastbound content of I-74 east from Indy to the Ohio line. I also added some of his US 24 and SR 101 and 332 photos before shifting eastward to Rhode Island this week. More details on these under the August 7-9 bullet point.

Updates for Rhode Island include new pages for RI 4, 10, 24, 102, 114, and 136 from Andy and I's roadtrip to New England in 2007. I also overhauled the Interstate pages, adding new content for I-295 north, and I-195 west (from MA to the Washington Bridge; the new alignment was not open yet) and I-95 north, with the help of PennDotFan, covering every Exit now with most of the new signage covered. Will be working on I-95 south next to round out the updates for the Ocean State.

mcdonaat

I would like to submit content in a few days for the Pineville Expressway, since signing has been completed and is now updated to look like a true Interstate.

WillWeaverRVA

Need anything for Virginia? (As vague as this question is...)
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Alex

Quote from: mcdonaatI would like to submit content in a few days for the Pineville Expressway, since signing has been completed and is now updated to look like a true Interstate.

I have not returned to Alexandria since 2003, so I welcome what you want to send.

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on August 15, 2012, 09:48:03 PM

Our trip to Delaware was rained out from Fredericksburg northward. I was hoping to get updated photos of I-95 (showing the Clearview sign replacements) and the Capital Beltway eastbound, but it was horridly dark and road spray was everywhere matching the downpours from above. I ended up driving the Capital Beltway westbound in the rain just to see progress on the HOT lanes, but would like to wait until its done before documenting it.

Also I saw that you posted some new end signs for I-195 awhile back on FB. So anything from the Capital Beltway, I-95 northbound from Ashland or so to MD, anything from Interstate 66 in general and updates for I-195/VA 195 would be welcomed! Plus I would like to expand on the Hampton Roads material you and Mark Moore have sent over the years at some point.

Takumi

I have some of the desired Virginia material as well.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Alex on August 16, 2012, 09:39:00 AM
Quote from: mcdonaatI would like to submit content in a few days for the Pineville Expressway, since signing has been completed and is now updated to look like a true Interstate.

I have not returned to Alexandria since 2003, so I welcome what you want to send.

Our trip to Delaware was rained out from Fredericksburg northward. I was hoping to get updated photos of I-95 (showing the Clearview sign replacements) and the Capital Beltway eastbound, but it was horridly dark and road spray was everywhere matching the downpours from above. I ended up driving the Capital Beltway westbound in the rain just to see progress on the HOT lanes, but would like to wait until its done before documenting it.

Also I saw that you posted some new end signs for I-195 awhile back on FB. So anything from the Capital Beltway, I-95 northbound from Ashland or so to MD, anything from Interstate 66 in general and updates for I-195/VA 195 would be welcomed! Plus I would like to expand on the Hampton Roads material you and Mark Moore have sent over the years at some point.

This weekend I will likely head out to I-195/VA 195 to get photos of updated signage placed as part of the open-road tolling project currently nearing completion there, so I can have that for you.

I've got some stuff from I-95 northbound from Ashland to Woodbridge, but no updated VA 286/289/294 shields yet. I might resolve that this weekend too.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

andy3175

Been slowly working through some Mountain West and West Coast updates. Latest updates include ... US 50 Nevada, US 50 Alt Nevada, US 95 Alt Nevada, Business 80 Sacramento, California 74, and California 99 north. Currently working on US 50 California and will soon head to Southern Nevada and Wyoming for more updates.

Let me know if anyone has requests from my end of AARoads (west coast and someday Chicago if I ever get enough time to do more than minor updates here and there). Submissions are also welcome; I got a ton from folks here on the forum to make some nice updates to the Utah page (including US 89A, I-80, I-15, and more!).

Cheers,
Andy
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Alex

Shifted focus to updating some old Southeast Louisiana pages. Started with a revamp of I-510 to go along with new coverage of LA-47, and then updated I-310. Also created a geodatabase for New Orleans and made new maps for the Interstate Guide pages from it. New maps will replace the 2002 content in time as I move LA over to AARoads from SERoads.

Alex

I finished revamping the I-10 guides for SE LA from east of Baton Rouge to Mississippi last month and updated content for US 90, US 190 and US 61 from a couple of trips in 2008, 2009 and 2010 with Jerseyman4. Also added new content for I-55 north from 11-08 and revised the I-59 page. I am hoping to get out to Baton Rouge or Lafayette soon to rephotograph I-12, I-10 through Baton Rouge and I-110 before updating those older pages. That wretched Clearview there is one of the changes that I don't have covered in my current queue of photos...

This past weekend I went to Talladega and have been adding some photos from that trip to the Alabama pages. A few updated pics here and there for the I-65 guides (northbound content dated 10-6), new content for AL-152 westbound, US 31 south from Prattville to Montgomery and photos of old US 331 and 80 in Montgomery for a future focus page were taken. Also I added some of flaroads' photos of US 80 in western Alabama and some photos from a trip taken in September 2010 through Phenix City.

Today I revised I-459 in both directions with photos taken in June 2012 or this past Sunday. Also replaced all of the content on I-20 east from I-59 to Talladega in anticipation of the forthcoming Birmingham meet. Likely will work on more area pages before next weekend's meet to renew my knowledge of the area.

Also added photos here and there of various Interstate and US highways between Mobile and Pensacola taken from late last year to last month, including an update to the Baldwin Beach Express. Also revised some of the maps to show some recent changes (such as the downgrade of Florida 290 to a local road) and correct some errors.

Alex

Loads more Alabama updated, including updates for I-20/59 in both directions between Mississippi and Tuscaloosa, and southbound photos northward to Exit 100 from Andy's 2008 cross country trip. Gave some needed attention to the 2003 pages of I-20/59 in Birmingham, updating both directions between I-65/Malfunction Junction to the split. Gave I-59 northbound an overhaul to Exit 141 (which is where the coverage ended in 2003) and added new content from Alabama 77 south to the merge, replacing what was there from 2002/03. I have more I-59 content to post in my next round of updates...

Also added were some photos of SR 77 south to Talladega, SR-275, and SR 21 from Talladega to Sylacauga. Our paltry US 231 coverage will expand a bit with the next round of photos, and I finally got around to posting some photos (all be them marginal) from Memorial Parkway southbound in December 2009. I have complimentary northbound coverage of Memorial Parkway down the pipeline and some photos from the Dothan area to complete the US 231 revamp. Lastly, I did a quick replacement of photos on I-759 and updated the text to reflect the completion of the Black Creek Parkway extension south from Exit 2.

andy3175

A few more updates in California ... see https://www.aaroads.com/california/updates.html

- California 60 - added coverage to westbound from Moreno Valley to Los Angeles
- California 74 - added coverage to eastbound along Ortega Highway and again from Hemet to Palm Desert
- California 173 - added coverage near Lake Arrowhead
- California 189 - added coverage of entire route and added focus picture

Enjoy!

Regards,
Andy
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

74/171FAN

Quote from: Alex on August 16, 2012, 09:39:00 AM

I would like to do more stuff at some point too.  I have some Blacksburg area photos since I go to Virginia Tech and some of the New River Valley as well.  School has just completely taken over my life at this point.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

CentralCAroadgeek

Would you guys like new pictures for several highways in the California galleries? I'd be happy to offer pictures for US-101 between Paso Robles and San Francisco, all of I-680 south of the I-780 interchange, I-80 between Vallejo and US-50, I-505 and I-5 north of that, I-5 south in LA County up to Disneyland, all of US-50 in California, and CA-1 between Carmel and Santa Cruz.

Alex

Posted tdindy88's photos of the new Interstate 69 in Indiana southbound:

https://www.aaroads.com/guide.php?page=i0069shin

andy3175

Quote from: CentralCAroadgeek on November 24, 2012, 02:49:44 PM
Would you guys like new pictures for several highways in the California galleries? I'd be happy to offer pictures for US-101 between Paso Robles and San Francisco, all of I-680 south of the I-780 interchange, I-80 between Vallejo and US-50, I-505 and I-5 north of that, I-5 south in LA County up to Disneyland, all of US-50 in California, and CA-1 between Carmel and Santa Cruz.

Hi, yes we'd be interested. Please email me some samples of what you have to afield#aaroads.com (replace # with @).

Regards,
Andy
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

EchoCharlieHotel

Hey A & A,

Heading up to Florence today to visit the family before Christmas. I'm going to leave a bit early to get some photos dealing with the southern and eastern ends of AZ-84, -87, and -287; be happy to contribute them.

EchoCharlieHotel

Quote from: EchoCharlieHotel on December 22, 2012, 10:51:05 AM
Hey A & A,

Heading up to Florence today to visit the family before Christmas. I'm going to leave a bit early to get some photos dealing with the southern and eastern ends of AZ-84, -87, and -287; be happy to contribute them.

Belay my last, plans fell through. Have to be another day, sorry.

D-Dey65

I've been looking through some Google Street View images of Okaloosa and Santa Rosa Counties in the Florida Panhandle, because I want to post a list of county roads for each county in Wikipedia. Your page claims not to know whether or not CR 4A was signed.
https://www.aaroads.com/guide.php?page=okaloosacofl

I saw some Okaloosa CR 4A signs on Google Street View. I'll try to get a link to them, but I can't make any promises.

Alex

Quote from: D-Dey65 on December 30, 2012, 03:12:13 PM
I've been looking through some Google Street View images of Okaloosa and Santa Rosa Counties in the Florida Panhandle, because I want to post a list of county roads for each county in Wikipedia. Your page claims not to know whether or not CR 4A was signed.
https://www.aaroads.com/guide.php?page=okaloosacofl

I saw some Okaloosa CR 4A signs on Google Street View. I'll try to get a link to them, but I can't make any promises.

Correct, it should not be listed as unknown. We have some photos of them as well to post in a future update.

I will amend the list now otherwise. Thanks!

Alex

Posted photos of both directions of I-495 in Virginia from the holidays on the site today:

North/Inner Loop
South/Outer Loop

Only hit a very minor slowdown (mainly the right-hand two lanes ahead of Exit 49) on the northbound trip due to some ramp work. Was surprised to have free flowing traffic on the southbound return.

A revision of the Maryland portion of I-495 is up next.

I also recently updated the guides for I-95 north from Richmond to the Springfield Interchange with photos from our drive up during Summer 2012 and the same holiday drive on I-495. I have more I-95 photos from southern VA to go along with some updated content for I-295 and a spot update here and there for I-95 southbound.

FLRoads

Created a guide for Florida 739 in the Fort Myers area this afternoon, with partial coverage of north and south directions. Coverage is mainly from a trip down there over Thanksgiving and does include the newest portion opened this last October.

FLRoads

Created a guide for Collier County 886 this afternoon, adding to the Marco Island and Naples guide page. 

roadman65

Have some more FL 429 photos of the new extension with FL 414 from Apopka to Plymouth.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54480415@N08/sets/72157632821143313/with/8541672701/
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

FLRoads

Quote from: roadman65 on March 09, 2013, 06:16:45 PM
Have some more FL 429 photos of the new extension with FL 414 from Apopka to Plymouth.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54480415@N08/sets/72157632821143313/with/8541672701/

I actually just drove the new extension last weekend as part of an impromptu Tampa-Cape Coral-Orlando-Jacksonville whirlwind trip. Will have to find some time to update the page to reflect all the recent changes!

FLRoads

Some of our most recent updates and additions:

Interstate 74 East - Peoria & East Peoria - new page completing coverage of Interstate 74 eastbound in Illinois.
Interstate 474 - new guides for both directions of the Peoria bypass.
Interstate 270 East - updates covering Illinois portion of the St. Louis beltway.
Interstate 295 - new guides for the west bypass of Jacksonville with complete coverage northbound.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.