News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Dallas North Tollway Widening and Extension, SH 121 northward

Started by MaxConcrete, February 18, 2022, 08:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

Slightly off-topic, but let's hope then Grayson county also preserved some ROW for the upcoming Loop-9 as well as other possible east-west corridors between Loop-9 and US-82.

Road Hog

Grayson County won't be in the Loop 9 corridor. Farthest north it will go is between Anna and Melissa in Collin County. As for the future DNT extension, I'm sure they're working on it.

Bobby5280

I don't see any evidence of ROW preservation for the Grayson County Tollway anywhere North of FM-121.

In Grayson County there is more future super-highway potential built into US-82 and TX-289. The Grayson County Tollway would be built on a new terrain alignment. That future alignment will likely be forced to adjust by new tracts of housing plopping down in the way. I could see the tollway having to overlap TX-289 for some distance.

Road Hog

Quote from: Bobby5280 on December 24, 2023, 02:52:14 PM
I don't see any evidence of ROW preservation for the Grayson County Tollway anywhere North of FM-121.

In Grayson County there is more future super-highway potential built into US-82 and TX-289. The Grayson County Tollway would be built on a new terrain alignment. That future alignment will likely be forced to adjust by new tracts of housing plopping down in the way. I could see the tollway having to overlap TX-289 for some distance.
I've posted it before, but there is a wide ROW preserved along a 4-mile stretch of TX 289 from just south of TX 56 in Southmayd up to US 82. My understanding is the Grayson County Tollway will eventually subsume this stretch, but the mapping that's out there is not definitive.

Bobby5280

The proposed route maps I've seen of the Grayson County Tollway path do not overlap TX-289. The proposed route would intersection TX-289 just North of the North Texas Regional Airport and South of Pottsboro.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.