Longest stretches of freeway exits with only odd or only even numbers

Started by KCRoadFan, March 22, 2024, 12:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRoadFan

Having driven I-70 through Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio many times on various trips out east, I've noticed that starting from the Illinois border, the first 9 exits in Indiana all have odd numbers: namely 1, 3, 7, 11, 23, 37, 41, 51, and 59. The first even-numbered exit is the 10th exit overall, Exit 66 in Plainfield, by which point you're in the Indianapolis area.

In fact, there are 35 exits on I-70 throughout all of Indiana (excluding the short concurrency with I-65 in downtown Indianapolis), and of those, only 8 have even numbers - less than one-fourth.

That made me wonder: is that aforementioned series of exits the longest stretch of freeway, along which the exits either have only odd numbers or only even numbers? And is it the highest number of exits in such an all-odd or all-even series? I'm pretty sure it has to at least be near the record - throughout the country, where might other such freeway sections of comparable length be?

Dirt Roads

I-10 in Florida between Ponce de Leon and Greensboro has the following:  Exits 96, 104, 112, 120, 130, 136, 142, 152, 158, 166 and 174.  Eleven consecutive even-numbered exits over about 78 miles.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.