News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Towing company to repay Marines whose vehicles were sold during deployment

Started by ZLoth, December 27, 2023, 07:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

This came across my Google Feed. From Stars and Stripes:

Towing company to repay Marines whose vehicles were sold during deployment
QuoteA North Carolina tow-truck operator must pay almost $67,000 to settle claims that he repossessed and sold vehicles owned by Marines deployed to Okinawa and elsewhere overseas, according to federal prosecutors.

Billy Joe Goines, owner of Goines Towing and Recovery outside Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, N.C., agreed to the reimbursement amount in a settlement, court documents filed Tuesday said.

He also will forgive storage fees charged to the eight Marines and take training on the legal rights of military personnel.
FULL ARTICLE HERE
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Road Hog

Looks like somebody dropped the ball here among DoD, the Department of the Navy (which oversees USMC) and the towing vendor. Hope it all gets made right.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.