News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mountain West / Re: Phoenix Area Highways
Last post by RaulMtz - Today at 08:58:11 AM
I don't think they are. The project scope ends at Val Vista but you're right. I would have hoped they would have at least extended the HOV lanes to Williams Field. I actually find it maybe a little excessive to add two extra lanes per direction (I thought they were adding one). But I guess they are really trying to future proof the area which I can appreciate.

Here's the project details:
https://azdot.gov/projects/central-district-projects/loop-202-santan-freeway-loop-101-val-vista-drive
Off-Topic / Re: Most irritating emoji
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 08:54:20 AM
Going to go with :pan: because of a certain "ssssssssssss" themed forum poster.
Madera County Road 407 is an approximately 3.8-mile highway located near Hensley Lake in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.  Road 407 historically was a component of the 1850s era stage route known as the Stockton-Los Angeles Road.  The Stockton-Los Angeles Road crossed the Fresno River near the land holdings of John Jackson Hensley.  The highway came to be known as Hensley Road and once hosted a bridge at the Fresno River called "Hensley Bridge."  Madera County would redesignate all county highways with numeric designations during mid-twentieth century and the highway would come to be known as "Road 407."  Much of Road 407 was realigned in 1974 to make way for Hidden Dam and the Hensley Lake Reservoir. 

https://www.gribblenation.org/2024/05/madera-county-road-407-and-stockton-los.html?m=1
Sports / Re: General NBA thread
Last post by SEWIGuy - Today at 08:50:16 AM
Quote from: Henry on May 07, 2024, 10:14:31 PM
Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on May 07, 2024, 01:41:41 PMAny news on the new TV package? I'd heard that there is a possibility that NBC might edge out Turner/TBS as the second broadcast network (with more games going to Peacock, of course). That would put the Inside the NBa crew of Ernie/Kenny/Barkley and Shaq at real risk, which would be bad.
If that happens, NBC may want to force Fox to give up its college hoops theme, since they had it first. And assuming ABC/ESPN will be the top channel, I'm anticipating a throwback to their shared MLB coverage that ran from 1977-89, and was briefly revived in 1994-95 (as The--ill-fated--Baseball Network). Even if Turner doesn't make it back (and I think it's highly unlikely, considering their award-winning coverage and studio show), I can see Kenny, Barkley and Shaq get new jobs at the network(s) that would replace it. At least Ernie will still have MLB, the NHL and NCAA Tournament (during the annual crossover to CBS) to keep him busy.

I don't think that show works without Ernie.
Off-Topic / Re: Most irritating emoji
Last post by Hunty2022 - Today at 08:44:25 AM
I voted for 🤡, while the most annoying one here in my opinion is :pan:.
Northeast / Re: Interstate 81 in Syracuse
Last post by webny99 - Today at 08:37:27 AM
Quote from: amroad17 on May 05, 2024, 11:22:28 PMI can post an unofficial list.  The list will have a current exit number first and the unofficial mile-based exit number after...

I-81: ... 3 NB/9; 3 SB/12;

File that one under "Today I Learned...". I had never noticed that the half-diamonds at Broad St and Colesville Rd were both Exit 3. Will be good to get them each their own number with the switch to mile-based.
Suggestions and Questions / Re: Theme Change?
Last post by webny99 - Today at 08:23:45 AM
I have been using the forum a lot less lately, but not because of the theme change. For a bunch of reasons, I just haven't had the time, but I have also perceived that it's not as busy as usual, and that further reduces my interest in regular check-ins.
General Highway Talk / Re: Roads that you have been o...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 07:59:28 AM
Anyone who's clinched US-177 (as I have) can count that, since it's the main drag through Sulphur, OK, which got tornadoed a week or so ago.
General Highway Talk / Re: Google Maps just fucking S...
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 07:30:38 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.0158344,-81.8642208,2691m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

The Exit 14 Plaza on FL 570 is not temporarily closed. It's currently collecting tolls electronically with the canopy and botch's still erected. So it's fair to state the plaza is not closed at all.  It might be there temporarily until FTE gets the funding to tear it down for a more traditional toll gantry, but it's there draining all motorists as they travel.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.