News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

General PA Design/Construction News

Started by 74/171FAN, October 12, 2023, 01:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

Mr_Northside

Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 08, 2024, 08:19:15 AMPennDOT - District 10 News: PennDOT Announces Virtual Plans Display for the Bridges to Nowhere Preservation Project in Indiana County

I like that PennDOT decided to call this the "Bridges to Nowhere Preservation Project"

It's so western PA to reference things that aren't applicable anymore (for example, giving directions to someone like "Yinz gotta go dahn a few blocks and turn right at [business that has since changed names, or just doesn't exist anymore]"

Those spans haven't been bridges to "nowhere" for roughly 29 years now.
That being said, just reading the name in the link, I knew exactly the bridges they were talking about before even clicking on the link.

I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(Affects PA 60)  PennDOT - District 11 News: I-79 Overnight Ramp Work Begins Monday in Allegheny County

(For PA 65)  PennDOT - District 11 News: Route 65 Ohio River Boulevard, Brighton Heights Boulevard Intersection Overnight Lane Closures Monday Night in Pittsburgh

(For PA 74) PennDOT - District 2 News: PennDOT Announces Short-Term Extension of Juniata County Detour

PennDOT - District 5 News: Lehigh County: Upcoming Road Work

QuoteCounty:  Lehigh
Municipality:  Catasauqua Borough
Road name:  Race Street/Bridge Street
Between:  Lehigh Street (Whitehall Twp) and Lehigh Street (Catasauqua Boro.)
Type of work:  Bridge Repair
Work being done by:  Other
Type of restriction:  24 Hours
Restriction:  Road will be closed and detoured for Norfolk Southern Railroad grade crossing work.  Passenger vehicle detour will utilize 3rd Street, Fullerton Avenue, American Parkway, North Dauphin Street, and Lehigh Street. Truck detour will utilize Race Street, Airport Road, Union Boulevard, North Dauphine Street, and Lehigh Street.
Start date:  7/26/24
Est completion date:  7/31/24
Restrictions in effect (time of day):  12:00 AM To 12:00 AM
Will rain cause delays?  No
Change/Update: 

(For PA 54)  PennDOT - District 5 News: Schuylkill County: Upcoming Road Work

QuoteCounty:  Schuylkill
Municipality:  Rush Twp.
Road name:  PA 54 at Grier Avenue
Between:  - and -
Type of work:  Other
Work being done by:  Other
Type of restriction:  24 Hours
Restriction:  PA 54 will be closed and detoured for Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad crossing repair work. Detour will utilize PA 309 and Interstate 81.
Start date:  7/22/24
Est completion date:  7/26/24
Restrictions in effect (time of day): 
Will rain cause delays?  No
Change/Update: 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.