News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Big construction project at the Newhall interchange--what are they building?

Started by hm insulators, January 06, 2010, 11:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hm insulators

I was in California over the holidays and I stayed at a motel in Sylmar. One evening, I decided to brave the Newhall interchange bottleneck for some prime rib at a Black Angus near Magic Mountain, and as I headed up the I-5 past California 14, I noticed in the gathering dusk huge construction cranes by the interchange and even some large bridge piles (supports) lying near the freeway. Intrigued, I drove through the interchange during the daytime a couple of afternoons later.

Looks like they're doing a major revamping of the I-5/I-210/California 14 interchange? Anybody in the San Fernando Valley area or Los Angeles care to elaborate?
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

FreewayDan

The construction that's been going on at the Newhall Pass interchange is new Direct HOV Connectors from I-5 to California 14.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist07/travel/projects/details.php?id=32
LEFT ON GREEN
ARROW ONLY

J N Winkler

Construction plans are still available:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/esc/oe/project_ads_addenda/07/07-168004/plans/as_advertised/

(In order to find them, I had first to find the Caltrans engineering authorization [EA] number, which--with the district number--forms the Caltrans contract number.  It turns out that if you click on "Project-related press releases," you get sent to a Flash-generated page with links to relevant press releases, all of which have the first five digits of the EA in their URLs.)
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.