Regional Boards > Northwest

Central Oregon day trip notes

<< < (2/2)

agentsteel53:
both narrow and wide Oregon shields are alien heads!  :-D

Michael Summa once sent me this excellent mockup of what the black square abstracted Oregon shield should've looked like.

now that is an attractive sign, and it allows for the exact same size of numerals as the current design.

to make a 28x24/30x24 or other proportionately wide shield, I'd imagine you'd expand the bottom part while leaving the eagle the same.

xonhulu:

--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 18, 2010, 04:09:30 PM ---both narrow and wide Oregon shields are alien heads!  :-D

Michael Summa once sent me this excellent mockup of what the black square abstracted Oregon shield should've looked like.

now that is an attractive sign, and it allows for the exact same size of numerals as the current design.
--- End quote ---

I agree, it's pretty cool.  I think the modernists behind the current design would still find it too complicated.  As for me, I'd just as soon see the classic eagle printed on a square sign.

--- Quote ---to make a 28x24/30x24 or other proportionately wide shield, I'd imagine you'd expand the bottom part while leaving the eagle the same.

--- End quote ---

I've often thought I would try to make a wide eagle shield.  Two things have always stopped me: I'm not that good at graphics on computers, and I'm lazy.  The 2nd is also why I've never made a web page out of my photo collection.

Bickendan:

--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 18, 2010, 03:16:15 PM ---I scoured mainline 217 and I thought I got all the overpasses as well on the side streets, and did not find a single 217 in May of 2008.  If it was on some random overpass that I did not spot on the map, then it may have been there.

--- End quote ---

I know which shield you're talking about and I think it was gone by May 2008. It was hanging off an overpass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version