Central Tri-State Tollway I-294 concept plan overview

Started by I-90, March 27, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiMilNet

I posted this on the Tollway info thread, so if a duplicate, please feel free to delete from one. However, I am surprised that no one mentioned some of the initial construction that the Tollway website mentioned as starting this year on the portion in the Rosemont and Franklin Park Area. The Tollway website has limited information at this point, but I'd be interested if anyone has more insight as to what is being done with this initial construction phase.

CtrlAltDel

Information has started filtering down into the communities that will be affected by the expansion of 294. Surprisingly few properties, six, are going to be taken, in my hometown of Berkeley, all of which are north of Saint Charles Road. The little bit of Coolidge where the front yards seem to butt up claustrophobically against the sound wall are safe. There will also be a few changes to a local park just south of Saint Charles Road. All in all, not that bad, considering that 10% of the area of the (admittedly small) town is already tollway property.

Looking at the drawings, I'm amazed that they're going to mash in all those new lanes in roughly the same amount of land. The strategy appears to be using as much land between 290 and 294. The changes to the exit terminals from the ramps on 290 appears to be a consequence of this. It's also interesting that westbound 290 is shown with a c/d lane, but eastbound does not.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.