News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Name a favorite youtube channel...

Started by berberry, February 15, 2020, 11:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

For non road channels, I like RealLifeLore and Wendover Productions.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

bing101

Backroadswest1 is a good one where this group does tours of what they see as underrated places.

Takumi

Zebra Corner, a TV commercial parody channel. Very NSFW.
https://youtu.be/8mYNIRXg-Lc

Australian F1 podcast The Reserve Drivers, who are criminally undersupported.
https://youtu.be/COBoYlw7Pys

Australian F1 photographer Kym Illman, who often shows a different side of the sport.
https://youtu.be/2XFKJDBbmJ0

Also some other F1-related channels, and a few car and ASMR channels along with some music ones that few if any of you would be interested in.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Max Rockatansky

I've been watching a lot of Business Blaze and Company Man as of late.

CNGL-Leudimin

Another one I like. Bad driver compilations are ripe on YouTube, but my favorite one is Bad Drivers of Italy, not because of how bad drivers are there (you'll be surprised at the amount of clips from Northern Italy), but because I eagerly await for any instance of porco Dio ("God is a pig", saying that is a strong taboo on media) or similar being barked out. There were several compilations where the barking appeared right after the start.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kevinb1994

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on July 05, 2020, 05:37:56 AM
Another one I like. Bad driver compilations are ripe on YouTube, but my favorite one is Bad Drivers of Italy, not because of how bad drivers are there (you'll be surprised at the amount of clips from Northern Italy), but because I eagerly await for any instance of porco Dio ("God is a pig", saying that is a strong taboo on media) or similar being barked out. There were several compilations where the barking appeared right after the start.
Have you ever been to Barking, London?

STLmapboy

I personally like Cinemasins a lot. Some videos are better than others, but he's a film buff like me.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

Desert Man

GeographyNow hosted by Paul Barbato, a weekly series on the world's nations, in alphabetical order (currently on "S" and the last segment was on Singapore).

Wolter's World hosted by Mark Wolters, is a travel channel dedicated to his trips with his family worldwide and his special tips for travelers.

And TheAs57 is about world current events and astrology, I have 101 subscriptions on my YT account, and I narrowed it down to just 3 recommendations for you all to check out.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

bing101

I like the Detail Geek and Ammo NYC cool car cleaning channels.

bing101

Jelle Marble Runs for their marble events

Ammo NYC for cars.

JoePCool14

One channel that I consistently come back to for content is The 8-Bit Guy. He focuses on retro computers, tech, games, and oddball items mostly from the 1980s. David's been on YouTube for many, many years, and he's very ambitious with his projects. He has a lot of variety in his videos, which I like. It could be anything including restorations, game development, electric cars, history documentaries, and more. He's even building out a new studio building in his backyard!

Some videos I'd recommend:

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

cjk374

I just found my new favorite channel.  :popcorn:  Brings back lots of fun memories!

https://youtube.com/c/RecollectionRoad

You're welcome.  :bigass:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

texaskdog

Jessica Kent who talks about what it was like to be in prison, and she's nice to look at too.

thspfc

Like it or not, Freewayjim is the best in the business. There's a level of detail and flow in his videos that nobody else that I've seen can match. My favorite video of his is 16-37 (I-17 south from Flagstaff to Phoenix). The only area where he falls short is his unwillingness to make videos about mid-sized cities, but I can forgive him because almost all of his new vids each year come from a single long trip, so time is obviously a factor.

thspfc

Another channel that I love is GeoWizard. His most popular series is his Mission Across Wales, which is exactly what it sounds like: he tried to walk across Wales in a straight line. I also enjoy his Geoguessr videos. Partly because he's really good at the game overall, and partly because he isn't that good with the United States, so it's fun to be able to figure it out before he does when he gets put here.

nexus73

Alternate History Hub is a favorite of mine.  If you like history and some humor mixed in, this is the place!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

CoreySamson

Quote from: thspfc on March 12, 2021, 10:40:35 AM
Another channel that I love is GeoWizard. His most popular series is his Mission Across Wales, which is exactly what it sounds like: he tried to walk across Wales in a straight line. I also enjoy his Geoguessr videos. Partly because he's really good at the game overall, and partly because he isn't that good with the United States, so it's fun to be able to figure it out before he does when he gets put here.
I love him too. Did you see he did a straight line mission across Norway this past year? That was possibly the best trio of Youtube videos I've watched.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

mgk920

I don't subscribe to a lot of non-road related channels, but I do like Virtual Railfan (I like their Waupaca, WI CN cams), Today I Found Out, Sideprojects, Geographics (those three are done by the same very interesting guy) and a couple of both scary and sad channels about the potential future of Western Civilization - Better Bachelor and Strong Successful Male (both are 'red pill' city about the current situation regarding interpersonal relations).  I'm also subscribed to several alt news channels.

Mike

MCRoads

I see a lot of channels I watch, but have noticed a distinct lack of one particular channel: RoadGuyBob. Surprised no one has mentioned him yet.

If you like learning about stuff, check out Tom Scott, and SmarterEvryDay, two great channels to learn stuff.

For cool videos of random stuff, check out Daily Dose of Internet, he uploads pretty often, just short compilations of cool videos.

If you like to listen to stuff, and not necessarily wach videos, than there are plenty of channels now that read content from Reddit. 

I am also a big fan of roller coasters, so I watch some channels that talk about that industry, and even use computer software to make epic roller coasters that look real.

The most obscure channel I watch is probably a channel called TheBigA, who drives around parking garages. Why? I don't know, but I think parking garages are neat.

I used to watch a lot of channels about analog cameras, but I can't afford any of the stuff they show, so I stopped watching them as much because Gear Acquisition Syndrome is a thing.

And lastly, I also find space stuff fascinating. Lots of cool channels about space, rockets, and all that fun stuff, like Scott Manley, and the Everyday Astronaut. With all that SpaceX is doing, there's a lot of cool stuff getting uploaded.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

MinecraftNinja

OCGuy81

I subscribe to a few, some of my favorites.

Stoned Gremlin Productions (aka The Cinema Snob): a lot of different series, but overall hilarious reviews of bad movies.

Angry Video Game Nerd: James Rolfe plays and reviews awful video games.

Homemade Wanderlust: a super cute girl documents her long haul (like Pacifuc Crest Trail) hikes

kevinb1994

Quote from: OCGuy81 on March 16, 2021, 11:00:49 AM

Stoned Gremlin Productions (aka The Cinema Snob): a lot of different series, but overall hilarious reviews of bad movies.

Homemade Wanderlust: a super cute girl documents her long haul (like Pacifuc Crest Trail) hikes
I went to the same private school that Mr. Rolfe went to.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kevinb1994

Oof, it looks like I forgot about Good Mythical Morning. My sister is a fan. She lets us watch it with her.

OCGuy81

Quote from: kevinb1994 on March 16, 2021, 11:25:00 AM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on March 16, 2021, 11:00:49 AM

I went to the same private school that Mr. Rolfe went to.

That's awesome! I got to meet him at the Portland Retro Gaming Convention a few years back. Nice guy.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.