Insane Half-Assed Intersection Modification in Bogata, Columbia

Started by Brian556, November 27, 2015, 11:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

In order to continue straight, you have to drive off the pavement and over a curb that has asphalt chunks dumped over it to make it more passable.
It looks like the large building is new, and when they built it the street around it to circulate traffic around the building while failing to allow access for the straight movement. Looks like an engineering blunder that was not caught until it was built.

[/URL]
https://www.google.com/maps/@4.6180453,-74.0841388,3a,90y,269.88h,63.4t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s1ZBwauWCHHxIUW4P-yhYyQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

noelbotevera

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

vdeane

Looks like they couldn't decide whether to allow the straight movement or not.  Moving further back, there is both a stop sign and a do not enter sign.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

DrSmith

Based on some of what I saw in Honduras, this is not surprising.  Things are done differently.  Money may have "disappeared" prior to finishing.

After the middle of the outbound bridge on CA-13 in El Progreso, Honduras collapsed from an earthquake, they closed it with a pile of dirt on each side.  Traffic had to figure out it went from a divided highway to two way traffic on the original inbound bridge.  That bridge itself seemed to have heaved some at the joints, but they kept it open to traffic. 

Many other places you saw where a project had just ended and was ready for the continuation. But no smooth transition, just the abrupt change

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.