News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Late 1970s Los Angeles Freeway System map

Started by TheStranger, September 21, 2010, 12:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

http://www.newberry.org/k12maps/module_18/map/core.html

I wonder if these abstract diagrams are still being made today...

Some notes:

- this was prior to the designation of I-110/Route 110 (along 1934-1981 Route 11) and I-710 (along 1964-1984 Route 7)

- Route 91/Artesia Freeway not yet complete to the 110/405 combined junction - according to the CalTrans bridge log, this wasn't even finished until 1985!

- No sign of 71 being upgraded yet southeast of Pomona, or for that matter, any of today's I-15

- I-15E still signed

- Looking at this map, 710 isn't complete yet to 47; CalTrans bridge log notes some of the ramps in Long Beach were built in 1994, though most of the milage had been finished by 1970

- San Bernardino Split shown as full interchange (has not been the case since 1995 due to the Northridge earthquake and retrofit cost issues, resulting in the removal of the 10W-101S flyover)

- 210 incomplete between La Tuna Canyon and Route 118

- No Route 118 freeway west of Balboa

- no new tollways yet in Orange County
Chris Sampang

Bickendan

As of my 2003 Metro LA Thomas Guides, they still make them. In fact, I'd love to see abstracts of Metro NYC...

TheStranger

Where I'd love to see an abstract: San Diego - a large-scale freeway system that really is the only one in California to have seen significant growth into this decade, with the continuing 52, 905, and 125 projects!
Chris Sampang

Bickendan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.