News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Thousand Island Bridge Toll Game

Started by Rothman, May 08, 2019, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Toll is $3.00 U.S. / $4.00 Canadian, both directions.  E-Z Pass not yet accepted.

Yesterday, I paid the $3.00 U.S. on the way north.  On the way back south, I used my no-foreign-transaction-fee credit card to pay the $4.00 Canadian which, exchanged to $US on my bill, was: $2.98.

Saved TWO CENTS.

And that is how you stick it to The Man.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

1995hoo

We're taking the bridge one-way on our way north next month. I assume if I pay with plastic it'll be charged in USD, so I guess if I want to be persnickety the thing to do is to see what the exchange rate is. If $1 CAD is worth more than 75¢ USD, pay USD cash. If $1 CAD is worth less than 75¢ USD, pay CAD cash. If $1 CAD is worth an even 75¢ USD, pay either.

Right? (As I type this, $4 CAD is worth $2.97 USD.)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.