News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Should I choose frontage roads or stay on main lanes when traffic slow?

Started by geek11111, February 18, 2023, 12:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariethefoxy

if its Long Island, the service road is your best bet if the expressway is backed up.

hobsini2

When I-94 was under construction in Kenosha and Racine Counties, the West Frontage Rd was a good alternate and usually saved me a few minutes if I was in a hurry.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

skluth

I might use frontage roads if California had many of them. I don't know if I save much, if any, time when I take side roads when traffic sucks here. But I find it a lot less exasperating and I often discover little hidden gems (restaurants, unusual architecture, parks) that I might not have ever known.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: skluth on April 09, 2023, 10:51:55 AM
I might use frontage roads if California had many of them. I don't know if I save much, if any, time when I take side roads when traffic sucks here. But I find it a lot less exasperating and I often discover little hidden gems (restaurants, unusual architecture, parks) that I might not have ever known.

The best of that is Golden State Boulevard (Old US 99) in Fresno County.  Lots of random taco trucks can be found between Selma and Fresno in the industrial areas. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.