News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Key Bridge
I-95 Northeast Philly
Mianus River Bridge (as a young passenger prior to collapse; driver after)
Scoharie Creek on NY Thruway(after as passenger)
I-95 in Bridgeport, CT before tanker truck fire
Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by NWI_Irish96 - Today at 12:23:02 PM
Quote from: jmacswimmer on Today at 10:53:04 AM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on Today at 10:46:33 AM
Quote from: jmacswimmer on Today at 10:10:36 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 09:08:46 AMIf I were a Falcons fan, I'd be pissed. Thankfully I think my Vikes had a good night.

Likewise as a Bears fan, the Falcons taking Penix allowed Rome Odunze to make it to the Bears at 9 so no complaints here. I thought Williams+Odunze would be too good to be true after the reports of them working out with DJ Moore & Keenan Allen and then flying into Detroit together, but here we are!

Bears social media was also quick to (both sarcastically & seriously) point out Ryan Pace's presence in the Falcons front office perhaps contributing to the situation - remember the Glennon/Trubisky situation in 2017?

It still blows my mind that Lovie Smith, knowing he was getting fired anyway, decided to go for it on a 4th & 20, miraculously scored a touchdown, and then went for 2 and converted for the win to give the Bears the 1st-overall last year. Then from there, the fateful Bryce Young trade has thus far turned into DJ Moore, Darnell Wright, Tyrique Stevenson, and of course now Caleb Williams (you can even possibly count Keenan Allen - the 4th-rounder traded to LAC was the one received from PHI in the Carter-Wright 9-10 swap last year), with an additional 2nd-rounder still to come next year. What a trade :sombrero:

I'd rather Odunze not have been available because the Bears need a first round LT or EDGE way more than they need a first round WR.

Joe Alt would have been a great pick at 9 if he had made it that far, and I imagine that the Bears would have traded down and gone defense had Odunze been taken before 9. An EDGE to pair with Sweat definitely strikes me as the biggest remaining need, as for LT I guess Braxton Jones gets at least one more year to prove it now. My bigger concern on the o-line was C - Bates is probably fine for the short-term, and Powers-Johnson isn't happening barring some sort of crazy trade-up to the early 2nd round.

Alt was never going to make it to 9. Still, Fashanu at LT or Turner at EDGE would have helped more than Odunze. You can get a fine 3rd WR in the third round.
Last post by jmacswimmer - Today at 12:14:49 PM
Quote from: webny99 on Today at 11:59:07 AM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on Today at 10:44:33 AM
Quote(you can even possibly count Keenan Allen - the 4th-rounder traded to LAC was the one received from PHI in the Carter-Wright 9-10 swap last year)

Wasn't that a separate trade though? I'm not seeing how that pick was part of the trade haul from Carolina.

The #9 pick that the Bears traded to PHI was one of the picks they got from CAR, and the 4th Round pick they got from the PHI trade was used to acquire Allen, so it does count as part of that haul.

That value was still obtained from Philly, not Carolina, but I guess it's kind of inseparable.

I actually had it backwards after going back to double-check - the Bears traded their original 4th-rounder to LAC for Allen and still hold the 4th from Philly. So whomever gets picked in that slot on Saturday would be the one to arguably included in the haul, not Allen.
Last post by webny99 - Today at 11:59:07 AM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on Today at 10:44:33 AM
Quote(you can even possibly count Keenan Allen - the 4th-rounder traded to LAC was the one received from PHI in the Carter-Wright 9-10 swap last year)

Wasn't that a separate trade though? I'm not seeing how that pick was part of the trade haul from Carolina.

The #9 pick that the Bears traded to PHI was one of the picks they got from CAR, and the 4th Round pick they got from the PHI trade was used to acquire Allen, so it does count as part of that haul.

That value was still obtained from Philly, not Carolina, but I guess it's kind of inseparable.
Mountain West / Re: I-40/US 93 West Kingman In...
Last post by roadfro - Today at 11:52:56 AM
Quote from: vdeane on April 24, 2024, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: SSR_317 on April 24, 2024, 02:06:34 PM
Quote from: vdeane on April 24, 2024, 12:53:43 PMAnd what of the part north of this interchange?  There's even a traffic light.
That signalized intersection will (eventually) be replaced by an interchange. I was talking about the part from US 95's East Junction with I-40 south through Wikieup to just north of Wickenburg.
You mentioned the whole corridor at the end of your post and seemed to imply that this interchange was the only thing preventing I-11 from being signed from I-40 to the Nevada border.  To get that finished, they would also need to address the stuff north of I-40, and quite a few more things to the south, not "just" the ones you listed.
I think SSR_317 wasn't implying that those mentioned upgrades are preventing I-11 from being signed, but rather that upgrades to the I-40 interchanges and getting the last two-lane sections of US 93 widened would improve the safety of the LAS-PHX drive. Those efforts would likely have a greater impact than the eventual full conversion of US 93 to I-11.
Off-Topic / Re: Flag Genealogy
Last post by Rothman - Today at 11:49:34 AM
I did like the idea that the Scottish cross would have to be removed from the UK flag if they seceded. :D
Off-Topic / Flag Genealogy
Last post by kurumi - Today at 11:45:36 AM
There are likely some vexillologists in here with some good insights.

It's mildly interesting that:
* the Union Jack combines the English, Scottish, and Irish flags (a cross and two saltires)
* a few national flags (AU, NZ, Fiji, Tuvalu) include the Union Jack in the canton (upper pole side)
* in a way, these flags have three "grandfathers"

I wonder if any flags have four or more generations that are visible
Southeast / Re: Interstate 42
Last post by bob7374 - Today at 11:39:54 AM
Looks like they're starting to work on the northern end of the US 70 upgrade project through James City , the road will be closed at times this weekend to remove the railroad crossing signals:

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2024/2024-04-19-craven-county-highway-temproary-closure.aspx

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.