News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New Rand McNally Road Atlas 2017, skips green florescent highlight for construc

Started by ACSCmapcollector, August 02, 2016, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

myosh_tino

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 05, 2016, 08:20:55 PM
Quote from: vdeane on August 05, 2016, 12:48:35 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 04, 2016, 11:48:51 PM
I am not new, end of discussion too.  I agree, I have been here for 5 years.
And yet all but 18 of your posts are from within the past five weeks, with 10 of the remainder being within the past few months, and all of them within the past 2.5 years.  Plus you ACT like you're new, so it's not hard to think why someone would think that.  I only knew otherwise because I looked up your join date when the Great California Thread Explosion started.

Quote from: kkt on August 05, 2016, 12:04:20 PM
You brought up the AAA atlases.  Why do you think you get to end the discussion too?
Some people seem to think that just because they started a thread, that they get to be God within that thread.  I've seen it on other forums.

When is enough is enough for a simple reply I go back to 2011. I also had a second ID name too, which I don't remember so I doubt I am new to this.  I am very skeptical of your comments too, and I really don't need the criticism.

ACSCmapcollector...

* YOU brought up Star Trek with the Captain Picard reference in post #13
* As kkt said YOU brought up the AAA atlas in post #8
* Just because you started a topic, that doesn't mean you get to control what gets posted here.  That is up to the forum mods.
* If you can't take criticism, I would strongly suggest you think long and hard before posting on a public forum.  We're all entitled to our opinions.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

US 41

Quote from: coatimundi on August 06, 2016, 12:04:07 AM
Star Trek is cancelled. End of discussion.

There's going to be another new movie in a couple of years.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: myosh_tino on August 06, 2016, 01:13:19 AM
And yet all but 18 of your posts are from within the past five weeks, with 10 of the remainder being within the past few months, and all of them within the past 2.5 years.  Plus you ACT like you're new, so it's not hard to think why someone would think that.  I only knew otherwise because I looked up your join date when the Great California Thread Explosion started.

You brought up the AAA atlases.  Why do you think you get to end the discussion too?
Some people seem to think that just because they started a thread, that they get to be God within that thread.  I've seen it on other forums.

When is enough is enough for a simple reply I go back to 2011. I also had a second ID name too, which I don't remember so I doubt I am new to this.  I am very skeptical of your comments too, and I really don't need the criticism.

ACSCmapcollector...

* Just because you started a topic, that doesn't mean you get to control what gets posted here.  That is up to the forum mods.
* If you can't take criticism, I would strongly suggest you think long and hard before posting on a public forum.  We're all entitled to our opinions.

I will send Frollo from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame to take care of your comments here, madman Frollo coming your way!  LOL

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 06, 2016, 02:39:35 PM

ACSCmapcollector...

I will send Frollo from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame to take care of your comments here, madman Frollo coming your way!  LOL

The comments in this subject I am sure after one to two weeks will decrease and then most likely come to an end, as a prediction of how things go normally.

TravelingBethelite

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 06, 2016, 02:44:38 PM

ACSCmapcollector...

The comments in this subject I am sure after one to two weeks will decrease and then most likely come to an end, as a prediction of how things go normally.

Perhaps you just jinxed it and now it won't. How's that for karma?  :whip:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on August 06, 2016, 03:01:56 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 06, 2016, 02:44:38 PM

ACSCmapcollector...

Perhaps you just jinxed it and now it won't. How's that for karma?  :whip:

No I haven't been jinxed, that is just superstition.  Maybe you should go to the ghost town of Bodie, California and take one of the posessions there, then the Bodie curse would get you.

myosh_tino

ACSCmapcollector...

I only have one response...   :banghead:

Edit: Seeing where the discussion has gone, can the mods please lock this thread and put it out of it's misery?  Perhaps move the relevant comments to the 2017 Rand Mcnally Road Atlas topic.
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: myosh_tino on August 06, 2016, 03:05:18 PM

ACSCmapcollector...

I only have one response...   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Maybe I should send in Maleficent too, while I am at it also. From Disney's Sleeping Beauty also, LOL.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 06, 2016, 03:06:59 PM
Quote from: myosh_tino on August 06, 2016, 03:05:18 PM

ACSCmapcollector...

I only have one response...   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Maybe I should send in Maleficent too, while I am at it also. From Disney's Sleeping Beauty also, LOL.

If I just ignore you, maybe the comments will fade away in one to two weeks or so, POOF!

Max Rockatansky

Not sure what's up with all these Disney characters but I did see Bodie get mentioned:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=18108.0

So worth the trip I'm planning on stopping through again this month.  I'd like to take that C2 Corvette Kirk had in 2009 Star Trek but Bodie Road probably ain't up to the task after 270 ends and goes down to dirt.

myosh_tino

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 06, 2016, 03:12:49 PM
Not sure what's up with all these Disney characters but I did see Bodie get mentioned:

So worth the trip I'm planning on stopping through again this month.  I'd like to take that C2 Corvette Kirk had in 2009 Star Trek but Bodie Road probably ain't up to the task after 270 ends and goes down to dirt.

I dunno.  Just put in a request to get this topic locked.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: myosh_tino on August 06, 2016, 03:18:50 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 06, 2016, 03:12:49 PM

I dunno.  Just put in a request to get this topic locked.

Or have it moved to off-topic under a new title like Star Trek, Movies, Disney Villans, Star Wars or Ghost towns.

ACSCmapcollector

Ok I will stop, I will no longer have myself commenting about this further, I would think by now it is getting too ridicoulous to keep others like Max from commenting, when there should be a real attempt to end the discussion on what I have originally brought up with the 2017 Rand McNally Road Atlas and compare that with the AAA 2017 Road Atlas, I might purchase the AAA 2017 Road Atlas too during the 4th quarter of this year when I can afford it.  I don't know if Mapquest makes a good Road Atlas, I have one of theirs too in my collection, but most of them are Rand McNally since 2002.

Max Rockatansky

I probably need a new one too, I have an older 2001 Rand McNally sitting in a storage bucket somewhere.  I usually just hang onto older maps when I want to remember where older highways alignments were at.  Just found a treasure trove for California on cahighwayguy's site.  I was actually pretty cool since it had the older alignments of CA 180, 198, 168 and what became 43 just to name a few off the top of my head.

coatimundi

Bumping so that I can read more about all of this. I want to keep reading it. Such a clear and on-topic thread shouldn't be left to die.
I want to hear more about Gousha. May as well namedrop Hammond as well.

CapeCodder

kkt

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 06, 2016, 03:08:25 PM
If I just ignore you, maybe the comments will fade away in one to two weeks or so, POOF!

I don't think "ignore" means what you think it means.

ACSCmapcollector

Hey look that word of in the dictionary,  the topic is about the editions of the 2017 Rand McNally & AAA Road Atlas.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: NE2 on August 06, 2016, 05:35:47 PM
Want a third girlfriend? I can set you up with a friend :love:

No, I can report you to the moderator, maybe he would delete your comments NE 2. I gave you far warning here, knock it off!  Warning #2.

Thunderbyrd316

Since this topic has not been locked yet, I will take this opportunity to put in my 2 cents concerning RMcN vs. AAA atlases. I actually prefer the AAA as I have never cared for the "new" RMcN style (about 30 or so years old now). I loved the RMcN maps from the '60's & '70's and at one time had both a 1964 and 1973 RMcN atlas. Some of the larger city insets such as for the greater L.A. and Boston areas even went so far as to show interchange details which I though was really cool as a kid.

I generally like the new AAA because I like the overall appearance better as well as the fact that a few years ago they started making a number of the Canadian metro insets a usable size and even included some smaller metro areas such as Kamloops. They also at that time enlarged the Puerto Rico map to a reasonably usable size.

My biggest beef with the AAA is that their atlases tend to be about a year behind on some highway improvements and, like the RMcN, are not always accurate or consistent in depicting road classifications.

(I also very much wish that both AAA and RMcN would add a classification for undivided 4 lane roads as well as a classification for divided highways with freeway / expressway characteristics. (There is a huge difference between driving a true expressway like divided highway such as S.R. 8 / U.S. 12, U.S. 97 south of Bend or California 152 verses a "divided highway" like Oregon 99w or U.S. 95 on the north side of Coeur d'Alene and through Hayden, the latter of which is just a glorified suburban street like U.S. 321 through Pigeon Forge.) 

As to the completely "off topic" matter of Star Trek, my favorite episodes / movies include "The Voyage Home" (4th movie), "Mirror Mirror", "A Piece of the Action", Assignment:Earth", "Tomorrow is Yesterday", "Bread and Circuses", "First Contact" (TNG movie), "The Cage" (the original 1964 pilot episode that was later incorporated into the original series episode "The Menagerie" which I also enjoyed) and I really enjoyed the Star Trek "Enterprise" season 2 episode "Carbon Creek" which I though was absolutely hilarious. I also enjoyed many TNG (especially some of the "holo-deck" stories), "Voyager" and "Enterprise" episodes. I never really cared much for Deep Space 9 though because they never really went anywhere. It was like a truck stop in the desert on the side of the freeway... in space! (Getting even further off topic, I always though Laurel Goodwin who starred in the original pilot episode "The Cage" was super hot!)

coatimundi

New girlfriend is at 37.090606,-120.149486
(Btw, why does Google have reviews for a prison?)

Thread reported to ISIS and 4 out of 5 dentists.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: coatimundi on August 06, 2016, 06:07:25 PM

Really funny you can be.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 06, 2016, 06:09:42 PM
Quote from: coatimundi on August 06, 2016, 06:07:25 PM

Really funny you can be.

Maybe I can have NE 2 arrested for that!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.