News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The 1960s US 78 bypass of Tupelo

Started by Tom958, March 16, 2021, 10:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustypugh

Thanks! That makes sense, since it is well known around here that Clayton was the highway to Memphis prior to the newer 78, McCollugh Blvd.

Tom958

Quote from: rustypugh on April 14, 2022, 08:50:09 AM
Are my posts not showing up or something? Can anyone shed light on this? I was asking Tom958, who did the original post on 78 through Tupelo, but he won't reply. Can anyone tell me the exact alignment of 78 through Tupelo PRIOR to the 1936 alignment of U.S. 45 down Gloster street?

Sorry. The amount of attention I pay to this site varies a lot, and my primary interest is in the era when today's modern major highways were starting to emerge. Luckily, some of the many people who are more interested in earlier history came to the rescue.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.