News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Northwest Chicagoland road meet: November 13, 2021

Started by Nikolai, May 03, 2021, 10:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your preferred meet dates?

Saturday, November 13
12 (70.6%)
Saturday, November 20
8 (47.1%)
Friday, November 26
2 (11.8%)
Saturday, November 27
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: August 01, 2021, 10:22:36 PM

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: signalman on October 14, 2021, 02:13:47 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 14, 2021, 12:23:15 AM
Quote from: Alps on October 13, 2021, 11:58:53 PM
And I'm in for this!

Because you're in, I'm in. :|
As enticing as it is, I am out. Understand that it's not because of who is or isn't attending. My current work schedule makes doing things during the day difficult, if not impossible.

I am 50/50 on attending this meet (not because I don't want to deal with the Chicago traffic, but it's because I don't have a vaccine (and I don't want to get one even though I want to go)).

Brandon

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on October 14, 2021, 04:11:37 PM
Quote from: signalman on October 14, 2021, 02:13:47 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 14, 2021, 12:23:15 AM
Quote from: Alps on October 13, 2021, 11:58:53 PM
And I'm in for this!

Because you're in, I'm in. :|
As enticing as it is, I am out. Understand that it's not because of who is or isn't attending. My current work schedule makes doing things during the day difficult, if not impossible.

I am 50/50 on attending this meet (not because I don't want to deal with the Chicago traffic, but it's because I don't have a vaccine (and I don't want to get one even though I want to go)).

Don't worry about it.  None of the venues require a vaccine.  Come and enjoy the day.  I'm probably not going to any of the after stuff myself unless I feel like a Malnatti's pizza, and I am vaccinated.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

A.J. Bertin

Out of curiosity, have you attended other road meets before, or would this be your first one?
-A.J. from Michigan

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 14, 2021, 05:45:15 PM

Out of curiosity, have you attended other road meets before, or would this be your first one?

This will be my first one.

Brandon

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on October 14, 2021, 05:57:18 PM

Welcome to the party.  For the record, I hold one in northern Illinois/Indiana every year or two and will have one in 2022 that may interest you too.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on October 14, 2021, 05:57:18 PM

I certainly understand where Nikolai is coming from in his desire to try to restrict attendance at this meet only to folks who are vaccinated.  However, this is the first time that a host of a road meet has announced a vaccination requirement for attendance.  That generally hasn't been done, even during the pandemic, until now.  Please don't let that deter you from considering attending other road meets in the future.  They are a lot of fun and you get to meet some really cool people who share the same interest in roads.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

Alps

I appreciate this not turning into a vaccine debate. I think it would be best to respect the host's wishes for any given meet, and that's all I'll say about that - as long as the host isn't restricting something like race.

Nikolai

I should reiterate for clarification that I'm not requiring vaccination for the actual meet tour, which is almost entirely outdoors. It's just needed for the higher-risk activities like the indoor restaurants.

Nikolai

The meet is this Saturday! To help me plan as much as possible in advance, I request that attendees complete this survey.

Bring along a mask, because Illinois currently requires them in indoor public spaces.

Great Lakes Roads

Unfourtantly, I won't be attending this road meet due to a high school football team that I will be watching in Cary being in the playoffs, and I know someone who coaches on that said team.

Nikolai

It was quite a chilly day, but we traveled the route with ease. Here's my group photo.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.